PDA

View Full Version : Do you practice Yoga, Reiki, Meditation, etc.?

Bill Volckening
July 21st, 2005, 06:19 PM
Hi Swimmers,

Do you participate in yoga, meditation, reiki, or other types of
mind/body practices that enhance your swimming?

SWIMMER magazine is seeking interview subjects for an article on the subject. So, if you participate in any of these or other mind/body practices, please contact Cari Parven at: Parven5@aol.com

Please use the subject header "SWIMMER article" when e-mailing.

Thank you,
Bill Volckening
National Publication Editor
SWIMMER

Bill Volckening
August 16th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Hello,

We're still seeking a few interview subjects -- so if you practice yoga, reiki, meditation, etc., please contact Cari Shane Parven at: Parven5@aol.com

Thanks,
Bill

geochuck
August 16th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I worked with a group of yoga people who wanted to improve their swimming ability this past winter in Mexico. Just before they stated each repeat that I had them do they would take in a deep breath through their nose and start to swim. When several of them came up for their air they would try to breathe in through the nose.

It was like teaching beginners, in through the mouth out the mouth and nose. What a wonder, we did not have any drownings

PeirsolFan
August 16th, 2005, 09:05 PM
"Swimming is meditative for me. My body is working hard but my mind is still." - Colleen Ford

Ditto. She was interviewed by the Discovery Channel and I searched but can't find the link. They had a video of her and everything.