PDA

View Full Version : Just once...

Meli
July 23rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
Today I went to the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs. (Mom and I were doing a weekend of tourist and girly stuff, which included a trip to the figure skating hall of fame, also down in Springs.) The place was just awesome (the training center, that is) and the pool... oh man... the pool... just once I want to swim in that pool.

The guide told us the tale of how one of the people working there (a former wrestler in good shape) wanted to be hooked up the the pulley system that basically pulls you down the lane at world record pace. She said he holds the record for the greatest amount of time spent airborne in a pool. Hehehe.... not really sure if I'm brave enough to try that, but a day swimming laps down there would definitely be a blast!

Needless to say, I've found some much-needed inspiration to start putting more effort into my workouts!

Jeff Commings
July 24th, 2005, 12:17 AM
That pulley is a lot of fun. Don't try it for breaststroke, though, since the stroke has so many different speed changes. Just do freestyle or glide down the pool in a streamline.

The pool is great, if you ever get the chance to work out in it.

winslowl6
July 24th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I was lucky enough to go to camp there and swim in the pool. It was amazing! It was a little too cool for me when you are doing a lot of drills, but wonderful for sets. I really liked the pully as it let me see what it was like to swim a 50m free in :25! Of course, my arms could barely keep up.....

The OTC also has the flume which is another fantastic way to get the feeling of swimming really fast. Definitely a worthwhile experience!