PDA

View Full Version : May I brag a little?

julesmom
July 30th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Lurker, have posted some under different name but forgot my password so I had to create another one.

Anyhoo...my daughter, 5 had her first ever swim meet today in the 6 and under category. She took 3rd place in freestyle and 3rd place in bacstroke (25m)- mind you there were 5 girls but even mention of the fact that she was the youngest in the whole group by 1 year was stated when she reached the finish line and the two that took 1st and 2nd were HUGE 6 year olds! :) but still well deserved. I didn't know whether to cry, laugh or run away so I just cheered my heart out.

I'm so darn proud of my little girl! I can't stop grinning!!

Connie

newmastersswimmer
July 30th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Congrats on your daugther's awesome swims!! That sounds very exciting!!......Definitely worthy of bragging about!

Thanks for sharing,

Newmastersswimmer

Bob McAdams
July 30th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by julesmom
May I brag a little?

Yes! :)

Tom Ellison
July 30th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Connie....watching your 5 year old swim like that is what makes life worth wild.....

This was a warm trip down memory lane for me.....Thank you for sharing that with us!

julesmom
July 31st, 2005, 07:48 AM
and Tom...how about this for warm fuzzies?

In the middle of her freestyle race she stopped to look at me (I was at the finish) grinned and kept going...it cracked everyone up.

She's a trip.

battle
July 31st, 2005, 09:38 PM
There is nothing better than seeing your children succeed. I have 4, the oldest is 20 and youngest 13. When you see one put their heart into something and achieve it, who could help but get emotional. Those are the moments I most cherish in life. And yes some of those moments have come at the swimming pool for mine also. Congratulations Julesmom. You need to remember those moments when they are teenagers.

jpjackson76
August 1st, 2005, 12:59 PM
That is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!

tuck
August 1st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Isn't that the best ! My kids give me monents like that monthly it seems. Thanks for passing that on.

hmlee
August 1st, 2005, 08:02 PM
That's great! :) It sounds like you're a really supportive mom, as well. Just remember not to ever get all psycho-sport-parent on your kids...there were so many parents like that when I was an age-group swimmer, and the burn out I developed was caused by that. Thankfully I'm finally getting back into it now as a college swimmer. Yey!

Slimy
August 5th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by julesmom
and Tom...how about this for warm fuzzies?

In the middle of her freestyle race she stopped to look at me (I was at the finish) grinned and kept going...it cracked everyone up.

She's a trip.

That is awesome. :cool: