PDA

View Full Version : 2005 ConocoPhillips USA Summer Nationals

ande
August 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM
US Summer Nationals is starting soon

here's the
List of Summer National Time Standards
http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/_Rainbow/Documents/beea194a-2270-4157-b37c-0b6d6910414b/2005%20Summer%20Nats.pdf

here's the
2005 USA Summer Nationals Psych Sheet Version 4.0
http://www.usaswimming.org/usasweb/_Rainbow/Documents/ecf673fe-a573-4285-8c6e-004bfd157505/psych%20_nats.pdf

here's the schedule of events
http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/ViewMiscArticle.aspx?TabId=160&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en&mid=471&ItemId=1764

you’ll find results at
www.omegatiming.com

Peter Cruise
August 1st, 2005, 02:08 PM
I note Dennis Baker, 44 years young, seeded #44 in 200BF at
2:04.96, just under a second short of Oly Trial cut. Go Dennis!

ande
August 1st, 2005, 02:34 PM
it's truly remarkable and rare for an over 40 swimmer to make national time standards.

Ande

Originally posted by Peter Cruise

tjrpatt
August 1st, 2005, 05:12 PM
That guy is my idol. When I am his age, I will be likely if I can finished a 200 fly let alone do my best times ever. Go Dennis and get that Trial cut.

ande
August 3rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
Nats began today
enjoy!

ande

ande
August 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM
today's prelim session has begun
drop by
http://www.omegatiming.com/
then click on
"Live Timing results"
and you can watch results from heats
mens 100 free is just starting

tjrpatt
August 4th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Peter Cruise

Dennis Baker did a 2:06.06 in his 200 fly. that is great. How inspiring this is. My first 100 was a 1:00.86 so he came back about a 1:05. This guy could totally get the Olympic Trial cut.

Peter Cruise
August 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I think Dennis will do it. On another USOpen topic: does anyone know why Mike Brown, who would have been top qualifier in 200m breast was disqualified? I know, I noticed because he is Canadian, but a couple of others were too, & I am curious re pending rule changes what exactly they were calling them on.

Jeff Commings
August 5th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I bet he did a slight flutter or dolphin kick on a pullout. The only other thing I can think of is touching with one hand, and I'm sure he's an advanced enough swimmer to know not to do that (right, Otylia?).

tjrpatt
August 7th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Just wondering, Are Americans are living in another country, can they go to that country's Nationals since foreigners who reside in the states go to Nationals all the time.

Jeff Commings
August 7th, 2005, 09:40 PM
It depends on whether the country's organizing committee invites them. The French and Candians were probably invited,a s were other countries I'm sure, since the world champs was on our continent.

When I was on the Resident Team, I remember us getting invited to the Australian short course (meters) champs. We didn't go, but I imagine many swimmers go out of the country to meets other than World cups.

Also, I would imagine teams get personal invites instead of national teams. Can you imagine the entire Michigan men's team going to a meet? You'd get slaughtered, but you'd race the best.

ande
August 7th, 2005, 10:26 PM
ron karnaugh qualified 24th in the 200 IM
isn't he 39ish now?

ande

tjrpatt
August 7th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Ron Karaugh is up there but he is still heavily active in swimming and still trains intensely. I heard that he got his doctor's license because he wasn't practicing medicine or something. Also, I heard that he still has an endorsement. More power to me. He is still in great shape and doesn't look like your typical 39ish year old.

He got like 23nd in the 200 IM at Nationals. He did a 2:07 in prelims and 2:08 in C finals. Good for him.

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 8th, 2005, 11:03 AM
"fiving the Texans a 1:59.28 at the halfway mark"

The above quote was in an article in the e-newsletterfrom Swimming World. Does anyone know what "five" means?

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Commings
It depends on whether the country's organizing committee invites them. The French and Candians were probably invited,a s were other countries I'm sure, since the world champs was on our continent.

When I was on the Resident Team, I remember us getting invited to the Australian short course (meters) champs. We didn't go, but I imagine many swimmers go out of the country to meets other than World cups.

Also, I would imagine teams get personal invites instead of national teams. Can you imagine the entire Michigan men's team going to a meet? You'd get slaughtered, but you'd race the best.

Ford Dealers Aquatic is one of the largest teams in the country. It is basically almost entirely made oup of South Africans, Zambwebians and other white Afrians. then it has kids from the area to mke up holes. I think htat was why Schoeman & Nethling were at Nationals.

Frank Thompson
August 8th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Dr. Ron as he is known to many still trains and competes in both USA swimming and USMS. I saw him swim at the 2003 LC Nationals at Rutgers University. He is constantly breaking records and a lot of the times his USMS records are faster than his World Records. You ask how is this possible? He sets a lot of records at USA swimming and FINA meets. FINA only recognizes masters records swum in Masters competitions. So most of the USMS records are faster than his FINA world records.

I read some place that Ron was planning on changing his sports nationality from USA to Poland back in 2003, so he could swim in the Olympics. I don't know if this actually happened because I don't believe he made the qualifing trials time of 2:02.54 to get to the Olympics. Its good that he is still swimming.

About the Ford Dealers Aquatic Club, from what I know they are a sponsor for the Univ. of Arizona club that is based out of Tucson. If those swimmers train with Frank Busch and the University then they swim for that club. So its not just Schoeman, Nethling, and Ferns. It has swimmers like Emily Mason, Whitney Myers, and Amanda Beard. It also has swimmers from England like Simon Burnet. I don't think they just recruit people from Africa and fill the holes with the area swimmers.

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 8th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Frank Thompson
About the Ford Dealers Aquatic Club, from what I know they are a sponsor for the Univ. of Arizona club that is based out of Tucson. If those swimmers train with Frank Busch and the University then they swim for that club. So its not just Schoeman, Nethling, and Ferns. It has swimmers like Emily Mason, Whitney Myers, and Amanda Beard. It also has swimmers from England like Simon Burnet. I don't think they just recruit people from Africa and fill the holes with the area swimmers.

I wasonly referring to the guy's side.

Fritz
August 8th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
"fiving the Texans a 1:59.28 at the halfway mark"

The above quote was in an article in the e-newsletterfrom Swimming World. Does anyone know what "five" means?

probably a typo.

giving the Texans ....