PDA

View Full Version : Looking for swim club in TN

julesmom
August 6th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Hi-

I'm moving to TN next week and cannot find a local club (Collierville)...could it be really that sparse in the middle of the country?

I'm starting to rethink this moving issue! :) I have my daughter all set with tryouts in two weeks but ME!! ME ME ME ME ME!!!!! and I had such a fun group over here.

Big Sigh.

Connie

MegSmath
August 8th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I lived in Nashville until I was 21, and have to admit I don't know where Collierville is. East, west, or middle? I know there are many teams in and around Nashville, and there are also teams in Knoxville and Chattanooga. I understand from my buddy Jim Borkowski that teams are few and far between in the western part of the state. I think it's going to be hard to find a team based out of a small town. But if you're near one of the larger cities, you should be able to find something. There were quite a few from Tennessee at the Lakeside meet this past weekend.

Rob Copeland
August 8th, 2005, 12:35 PM
According to MapQuest Collierville, is about 15 miles East of Memphis. I didnít see any Masters clubs on the USMS places to swim, but there appears to be an age group program at the local YMCA. And there is always the Memphis Tigers Aquatic club, just up the road.

Good Luck.

newmastersswimmer
August 18th, 2005, 03:23 PM
As Meg said, There are no registered masters swimming teams in TN west of Nashville. I am hoping (fingers crossed!!) that we may have a new masters team in Jackson this upcoming year? I think that swimming with the Memphis Tigers USS team is an excellent option (as Rob pointed out). .....Or maybe you can do what I am doing.....and that is to try and start your own masters swim team at the local YMCA in Collierville. I have been to Collierville many times.....it is only about an hour away from Jackson where I am currently taking up residence. Good Luck!......and come by to swim with us from time to time....We would love to see you!

Newmastersswimmer

p.s. Hi Meg!! Nice to hear from you.

fastjames
July 13th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Also try Schilling Farms YMCA

thewookiee
July 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Hi-

I'm moving to TN next week and cannot find a local club (Collierville)...could it be really that sparse in the middle of the country?

Big Sigh.

Connie

Better idea...move to Nashville. There are somel local clubs, a few uss programs and best reason of all...it ain't memphis!

aquageek
July 13th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Better idea...move to Nashville. There are somel local clubs, a few uss programs and best reason of all...it ain't memphis!

It's also my birthplace and the home of the only reputable SEC school.

thewookiee
July 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
It's also my birthplace and the home of the only reputable SEC school.

You are a native of this wonderful state? Oh dang, I knew there was something about nashville that reminded me of you...the stench.

MegSmath
July 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
You are a native of this wonderful state? Oh dang, I knew there was something about nashville that reminded me of you...the stench.

Hey now, Wookiee! Don't you be dissin' my hometown! There's no stench in Nashville! And what do you have against Memphis now that Calipari's left?

aquageek
July 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Ironic coming from a fertilizer salesman.

thewookiee
July 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Hey now, Wookiee! Don't you be dissin' my hometown! There's no stench in Nashville! And what do you have against Memphis now that Calipari's left?

If geek is claiming to be from Nashville, which I use to love until I found out that Geek claims it as his birthplace, then that where the stench comes from.

As for Memphis...it's muggy....too far to drive too in my own state...elvis... the fact that people think of tennessee and that freakin city is the only one they know and ask "you must live close to memphis" , it's dirty, it has a stench comparable to geek and I just don't like it.

thewookiee
July 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Ironic coming from a fertilizer salesman.

The difference in my stench and yours....mine allows me to pay for swim clinics.

shoalsswimmer
July 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I just sent a PM to julesmom - think she still lives in Collierville? Her post is almost four years old.