PDA

View Full Version : Open Water races in the Northwest in September?

F'ueco
August 7th, 2005, 02:40 PM
So I will be road tripping for a week and a half during September. Do any of you know about any cool races in the northwest US, western Canada, or the mountain states? Or just any cool places that I absolutely must swim. I'll probably head east through Utah into Colorado and then north from there. Mostly I want to see some new places, and swim, bike and climb in some cool spots.

Rebecca
August 15th, 2005, 02:07 AM
There's one open water swim that I know of in Kirkland (near Seattle), in Lake Washington. It's the first year for it, but sounds like it will be fun. The website with the entry form is:

http://www.ci.kirkland.wa.us/depart/parks/pdfs/openWaterSwimJuanita.pdf

Hope to see you there!

Rebecca

F'ueco
August 15th, 2005, 02:17 AM
That one sadly won't work for me. I'm off work on the afternoon of the 9th of September. There's no way I could drive that far in 14 hours and be able to swim. There is a race up in northern California that I will do that day (Whiskeytown Reservoir).

But I also need good places to swim, so I can continue my training for those 11 days (I'm doing my first triathlon in October).

Rebecca
August 16th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Well, if you end up coming through Seattle, email me and maybe you can swim with my group when we do one of our lake workouts. We usually swim on Sunday mornings and any sunny late afternoon that we can get off work a little early.