PDA

View Full Version : Men versus women in speed

cinc3100
August 12th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Let's take Practice, Shirley Bashashoff use to beat her brother Jack in practice. But in meets, when he was rested and didn't have to do as much repeats, he beat her a good distance. There's a recent study that would make middle age masters men happy. It states as we age, men are able to do more exercise. It was base upon a cycle bike. At age 50, men average 9 mats while woman 8 mats. There are exceptions like L Val and S Heim Brown, who can swim heavy workouts for their ages. That's why I think a man that swam 49 seconds at 60 while the woman only did 1:03 in the 100 yard freestyle, why there is that difference at that age. Actually, if the woman should at least be able to do a 56 or a 57 if the man can do 49 at 60. This isn't based upon science. Its just observaton.

dorothyrde
August 12th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I think it will be interesting to watch the top women athletes that are in there 20's and 30's and even 40's now age. I think even though <title 9, saying it quietly> may not have been good for men's minor sports, it has really let the women come out in droves and be athletic, and that will carry into older ages.