PDA

View Full Version : A big hello to everybody

iswim41
August 12th, 2005, 02:13 PM
How are you all doing and how is your summer going? What have you done to enjoy it?

We've had a great one so far. Lots of heat. The crickets are chirping and the birds are flocking so it's getting to that bittersweet time of year when I see the end of summer nearing, yet I love the sounds of the nighttime crickets.

I've been swimming indoors and out, got to do a week of swimming at 11 p.m. when my son was at camp. This is the time I swam before I had him. My natural body clock. I get more done after 6 p.m. than I do all day.

I hope you all are doing well.

Chris

laineybug
August 12th, 2005, 02:38 PM
it is hot down this way and we are looking forward to fall soon, but hoping that the hurricanes will stay well out in the Atlantic. The night symphony at my house is almost so loud it hurts the ears in the evenings. We've had some kind of night singing bird at our house on and off all summer, but I can't identify it by its song and I haven't/can't see it. There are crickets and other bugs as well as frogs/toads making racket every evening. We have a small water feature on the back deck and 'someone' has been laying eggs in it for the past month or so. We've enjoyed watching the tiny black dots change to little strings, to bigger 'commas' and finally into recognizable tadpoles then frogs. A lizard also laid her eggs in one of the potted plants on the screen porch... do you know how tiny lizzards are when they hatch? Went to the mountains to get away from the heat, but it wasn't much cooler; and spent a couple of lazy days at the beach. Plans are to go to St. Simons for a long weekend soon, spend Fall Break in Carrabelle at a really neat marina, and Christmas Break on Cape San Blas... LOL, can you tell we are beach ppl? AND THAT'S HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION.

USMSarah
August 15th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Hello there.

It's been an interesting summer for me. I haven't been able to step foot in a pool since competing at the Michigan Masters state meet back in April! That same week I learned that I was pregnant with my first and got slammed with TERRIBLE (all-day) morning sickness after the meet.
It is now August and my morning sickness is S L O W L Y going away... but I am very sad that I was not able to swim LCM outside!:mad:
Well, I'm trying to psych myself up to get back in this week... even if I just swim a little (and puke in the gutters). However, I'm a little shy when it comes to my growing belly! I'm almost at 6 months and I'm afraid that I'm going to look like a beached whale!

I hope you all are swimming happy!

jswim
August 15th, 2005, 05:00 PM
It was way too hot here until this past weekend. We got a nice cool front and it's been raining (which we desperately needed) and cool! ahhhhh...
I'm finally getting some goals in mind and keeping up with my swimming after a short hiatus of getting married. heh heh...

Hey Sarah, congratulations!!!!! Wow!
what a summer surprise! Hope you are feeling better and have a very safe, comfortable and healthy pregnancy! I know it's easier said than done, but don't feel self consious about getting in the pool, heck when I see women swimming while they are pregnant I look on in admiration!

cheers!
J.

scyfreestyler
August 15th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by USMSarah
Hello there.

It's been an interesting summer for me. I haven't been able to step foot in a pool since competing at the Michigan Masters state meet back in April! That same week I learned that I was pregnant with my first and got slammed with TERRIBLE (all-day) morning sickness after the meet.
It is now August and my morning sickness is S L O W L Y going away... but I am very sad that I was not able to swim LCM outside!:mad:
Well, I'm trying to psych myself up to get back in this week... even if I just swim a little (and puke in the gutters). However, I'm a little shy when I comes to my growing belly! I'm almost at 6 months and I'm afraid that I'm going to look like a beached whale!
I hope you all are swimming happy! That sounds horrible and all to familiar at the same time. my wife had hyperemisis with both of our kids and wound up on TPN via PIC line for both as well. The good news is that this does not hurt the babies at all. I hope things get better for you and that you can swim sans nausea.

To the original poster...Hellloooooo (Seinfeld Voice) Summer swimming has been great although there have been a few bad days with my shoulder problems. I also managed to convince a few friends to enter a meet with me to swim a 4 x 50M Free relay in September. I want to swim an event on my own and I think it's going to be the 100 Free. I just can't get in enough time (Both time limited and yards limited due to my shoulder) to swim a 200 or 400 the way I would like to so it's going to have to be a short distance. It will be fun just the same!

USMSarah
August 15th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Thank U very much! Other than the m/s, the pregnancy has been very healthy and the baby does flip turns around 11pm every night.

I just thought about this... I have not put on a swimsuit since my belly grew... WON'T THAT BE INTERESTING! Maybe an old drag suit may still fit. Hmmm.

Take care!