PDA

View Full Version : Football Editorial

laineybug
August 15th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Here is an editorial on the benefits of playing football. As I read it I thought, everything this coach/athletic director says could be said about swimming and most other sports. His love of the game is clear.

Maybe those of us who love swimming should write a letter to the editor or a guest editoral to our local paper. Maybe a parent will see it, or some kid who has to read the newspaper for a school assignment will find it and decide to give swimming a try.

http://onlineathens.com/stories/081405/opi_20050814059.shtml

Lainey

F'ueco
August 15th, 2005, 04:29 PM
But they weren't talking about real football. It doesn't count! :)

Blue Horn
August 15th, 2005, 07:18 PM
They called soccer football in a Georgia paper? What is wrong with this world?! I thought football was big in Georgia like it is in the rest of the South or is this just a liberal thing in Athens?

Hook'em
Blue

Fishgrrl
August 15th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Well....that's what the REST OF THE WORLD calls it.

laineybug
August 15th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Blue Horn
They called soccer football in a Georgia paper? What is wrong with this world?! I thought football was big in Georgia like it is in the rest of the South or is this just a liberal thing in Athens?

Hook'em
Blue

No the coach wasn't talking about soccer he was talking about the REAL, SOUTHERN, RED AND BLACK WEARING, TALILGATING, PUTING FLOWERS ON THE Uga's GRAVES, OBNOXIOUS DRUNK FRAT BOYS, RINGING THE CHAPPLE BELL UNTIL MIDNIGHT Georgia football.

Lainey

Blue Horn
August 16th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Whew. There for a second I thought Georgia had become a State of liberal sissies. :D

Hook'em
Blue

aquageek
August 16th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Being happily married to a Dawg I can assure you that soccer will never be called football in Athens.