PDA

View Full Version : Dog Days of Summer

Rowdy
August 23rd, 2005, 12:46 PM
I was sitting on the pool deck sunning myself after practice Sunday when I had a very good "moment" that I wanted to share.

The sun on my face and the gentle "splooshing" of other swimmers in the pool. I could have happily spent the whole day there listening to the water and enjoying the sun. I love the sound of the water.

I sure am going to miss these times. Can't wait for next summer already!!

I envy the people who have outdoor pools all year round.

battle
August 23rd, 2005, 04:19 PM
I agree with you completely. Winter sure takes a long time and the air inside sure gets stale.

aquageek
August 23rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
AMEN to this post. Moving from 8 lanes outside and swimming while the sun comes up to now being cramped into 4 lanes indoors stinks. Then, there's the added downer of getting nasty looks from other swimmers we have to boot out of our lanes at start time.

Matt S
August 23rd, 2005, 06:19 PM
And lets not forget the sublime "pleasure" of going from a LCM pool, with less than half the number of oxygen debt inducing turns and 100 meters of space before you get lapped, to the SCY demolition derby routine.

I LOVE Long Course Season.

Matt

Fishgrrl
August 23rd, 2005, 06:33 PM
No Matt....LOVE LOVE LOVE Long Course Meters!!!!! ;)

We can get away with...like....10 people per lane...fewer yucky flip turns.....

hmlee
August 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Apparently my university has a 10-lane 50yd pool that i'll be swimming in in the fall. I'm not quite sure what to make of this hybrid. Is it more SCY or LCM? It's going to be interesting!

Conniekat8
August 23rd, 2005, 11:44 PM
I must be goofy, I love the flipturns, it's the fastest part of my races.

knelson
August 24th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by hmlee
Apparently my university has a 10-lane 50yd pool that i'll be swimming in in the fall. I'm not quite sure what to make of this hybrid. Is it more SCY or LCM? It's going to be interesting!

Presumably there's a bulkhead in it to create a 25 yard course.

This thread is funny because I'm also a member of a skiing forum and there's a concurrent thread over there talking about how great it is that summer's nearing its end and the snow will be falling soon. Different strokes for different folks :)

pmbchill
August 24th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Our 50 M pool was closed and drained by August 10th due to lack of funds. Moving to the nasty 4 lane ymca is torture!