PDA

View Full Version : XI FINA World Masters - Hotels

michaelmoore
August 26th, 2005, 01:04 AM
For those thinking of competing at the XI FINA World Masters Championships in Stanford next year, you should consider making your hotel reservations now.

There is one hotel that is filled up. There is another that is 60% filled. The ones that are the closest to the venue are the ones that are filling up. So for the greatest choice of hotels, make your reservations now.

http://www.2006FinaMasters.org

The LOC will have discounted plane fares available for athletes. (You make the reservation yourself then add the discount code.) That will be coming soon.

The meet book will be availble next month.

hope to see you there.

michael

Michael Moore, Chairman
XI FINA World Masters Championships Organizing Committee.

knelson
August 26th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Anyone want to comment on the various hotel choices? Any recommendations, which are most convenient, etc.

PeirsolFan
August 28th, 2005, 05:20 AM
At first I actually thought about trying to stay at Stanford because some universities (mostly during the summer) will rent out dorms. I finally decided to fly in and out the same day and take advantage of spending the night before the meet in my own bed.

A year in advance people are making hotel reservations? Good sign.

Maryyyyyy
August 28th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Hi Michael!

I'm spreading the word in Italy about this alert for hotel reservations.

Thanks for letting the Masters World know!!

Ciao!
Mary

Maryyyyyy
August 31st, 2005, 03:32 AM
[QUOTE]
The LOC will have discounted plane fares available for athletes. (You make the reservation yourself then add the discount code.) That will be coming soon.QUOTE]

Hi Michael!

Do the discounted plane fares apply only to USA flights, or also foreign flights?

Also, what should I recommend to my Italian friends about using public transportation once they're there. My knee-jerk reaction is to suggest renting a car and getting around on their own...

Thanks in advance for your information!
Mary

michaelmoore
September 3rd, 2005, 01:59 AM
Discounted air would apply to international flights of the carriers. Something will be posted in the Web site next week about the flights.

You may wish to hold off on making the car rental decision until the end of the year beginnng of next year.

michael

Maryyyyyy
September 3rd, 2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks Michael - I'm passing the word around over here in Italy...!

:cool: