PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife II

sdswimmer
September 6th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I was remembering the wildlife thread we had a while ago.
THere's a shark scare where I swim, a seal with a shark bite was found nearby... I keep forgetting that i'm supposed to be concerned. Yesterday, though, I wrestled a shark by accident. THis was not the feared great white but one of our friendly leopard sharks, I think. I was riding the waves in to the beach after a 3-4 mile swim and looking of rall the rays and sharks. THe water was very dirty and murky, I stroked as a wave pushed me and somehow scooped a shark up agianst my chest. She whacked at me with her head and tail, she felt weird kind of snad papery. WIth the surf pushing us into the shallows it took a little bit of work to get seperated. So I got whacked in the face and stomach and sort of sand papered on my arm! I'm sure she's hanging out with her shark friends describing the wierd warm slimy creature that tried to catch her.

Rob Copeland
September 6th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Iím sure the shark was a bit scared, donít let PETA hear of this.

But, what I really want to know, is how you got intimidate enough with the beast to determine her sex?

sdswimmer
September 6th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Local lore is that the sharks in the shallows are pregnant females. Otherwise I don't really know. We've been speculating all summer on the gender of the seal that tried to climb up my (male) partner's back.

laineybug
September 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
I can just hear her now,

"Honest, was just enjoying a little ride in the surf and all of a sudden, out of no where, this thing, that had appendages kinda like an octopus scoops me up. It was weird I tell you, it was some kinda alien life form. I let it have it but good and it let me go. I'll never go in that area of the beach again, thats for sure."