PDA

View Full Version : Alan Liu Memorial Meet in Mountain View

scyfreestyler
September 7th, 2005, 01:23 PM
September 25 is the date. Are any of you going to be attending this meet? I will be swimming in a free relay as well as the 100 Free.

Brian Stack
September 7th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Jim Clemmons went to Disneyland (no kidding) or else he'd be responding here.
There'll be a good group of Manatees at the meet, getting ready for the SCM Champs at WCM in November. The other reason we'll be there is, Alan was a great coach and a special person, and we all still miss him very much. So if you're in the area, and you like to experience some MVM hospitality, get on over there.

See Ya
Brianhttp://forums.usms.org/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=5144#

scyfreestyler
September 7th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Good to hear Brian. Our team will be there for sure. We should be relatively easy to spot in the 200 Free relay since we will probably be the only team that needs 2 or more minutes to finish! Ah well, our intent is to have a good time, not to school anybody on how to swim fast.

Brian Stack
September 7th, 2005, 05:30 PM
You will have fun, no doubt!
Just remember it's a little tougher for every relay to go under two minutes, it's meters!

See Ya
Brian :cool:

Dominick Aielloeaver
September 7th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Where Is This Meet?:)

Brian Stack
September 7th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Dominick Aielloeaver
Where Is This Meet?:)

http://www.pacificmasters.org/comp/05mvmscm.pdf

Here's the info Dominick.

See Ya
Brian

Karen Duggan
September 7th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I'm planning on going Brian. I should probably go to workout, huh? I've been to 6 since Nationals- DOH!

scyfreestyler
September 26th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Just wanted to say that Brian was right, the meet was lotsa fun! I swam in the 100M Free and the 200M Free Relay. Got 4th in my age group out of 7 in the 100 (I was seeded poorly due to my conservative guesstimate so I easily led my heat race) and we took last in our age group in the 200 Relay. I led the relay and touched the wall first but competition was fierce for those who followed me I suppose. No worries, it was all in the name of fun. There was an 87 year old man who swam several brutal events like the 200 fly and got rounds of applause upon completion of each. That guy is a trooper and I commend his ambition.

One thing that threw me off on my 100 was the turn at the bulkhead. The distance from the T on the pool bottom to the wall was much further than I had anticipated so on my first turn I wound up coasting into the wall. In retrospect I should have warmed up in the main pool to get used to any differences between that pool and my home pool. Just the same, it was a blast and I am eager to race again!

Off to look for the next meet in our area!!