PDA

View Full Version : can't beleave it myself!

James
September 10th, 2005, 10:00 AM
I know that there are people who read this forum that don't like to read non-swimming related items so I'm sorry for this thread, but something happened to me on Wednesday, Sept. 7 and I still can't beleave it.

Since I started swimming again in the fall of 2003 I lost interest with all the activities that I loved, bowling and golf. My father-in-law broke his finger at work and now he can't bowl until atleast December so he asked me to sub for him. Our first night was the 7th and in the very first game, I had a 300 game. It was the first time I had picked up a bowling ball in around 21 months but the fealing left pretty quickly when I realized that I was in a smoke filled building and was wondering if it was going to effect my ability to swim when I start training for the winter swim meet. Just thought I would like to share this with everybody.:)

Damage Inc
September 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Sorry to admit this James, but is a 300 a good score or a bad score? I dont know if I should say well done, all that swimming has improved your strength and flexability, or if I should say stick to the swimming, it will improve your strength and flexability.

F'ueco
September 10th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Nice!

But I'd stay away from the alleys regardless.

And 300 is a perfect game...

James
September 10th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Yes Damage, 300 is a perfect game, twelve strikes. But I told my F-I-L that I would sub for him until his doctor clears him to bowl. At least I'll get a nice diamond ring out of it.

Damage Inc
September 10th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Wow that is cool; Congrats.

Sam Perry
September 10th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I always tell people that the following are all the same:
1. My IQ
2. My golf score
3. My bowling score
4. The temp. in Phoenix in August
are all the same.
About 110 across the board...