PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry

Conniekat8
September 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Having just come back from the USMS convention, the "I'm sorry" theme seems to be bouncing in my head.
Sitting at the banquet, I felt like Rob kept pointing at me! The Guilt!

I've met few more of unsuspecting individuals who claim to read my posts 'all the time', and [cough cough] actually like them... :rolleyes:

To all the wonderful people out there:

I'm Sorry! :(

Peter Cruise
September 20th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Connie, Connie, Connie...

We wait on each thread, as the discussion matures, for the right moment...yes, now- for Connie to weigh in, always enthusiastically, always informative, sometimes acerbic but always welcome- nothing to be sorry about!

Michael Heather
September 20th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry that most readers will not understand the genesis of this thread. But I had fun on the stage reading my apologies.

Conniekat8
September 21st, 2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Peter Cruise
Connie, Connie, Connie...

We wait on each thread, as the discussion matures, for the right moment...yes, now- for Connie to weigh in, always enthusiastically, always informative, sometimes acerbic but always welcome- nothing to be sorry about!

AWWWW, Thank You!

acerbic.... You should see me stomp my feet in the house of delegates sessions ;)

Actually, I was on good behavior this year... well, in the house of delegates that is. Some other meetings, not so much.

Seriously though, I can;t believe how many people would come up to me and ask, are you Conniekat, followed by "We love your posts, read them all the time" and I would just think... Oh, NO! What have I done???

I was thinking today, I should rejoin Toastmasters instead of torturing you guys ;)

Mike:
The skit was awesome, I hope it got taped :)
Up and down the elevators at the hotel, one of the more common questions I'd hear was, what skit are the masters preparing this year???
I'm sorry lot of posters here didn't get to see it.

Rebecca
September 21st, 2005, 02:24 AM
This seems like a good place to thank ConnieKat for referring to those of us who are new to competitive swimming as "developing swimmers" instead of "beginners" in a different thread. :) Just sounds so much better...

dorothyrde
September 21st, 2005, 06:50 AM
Awwww, we don't get the late bloomer status, just developing?

MegSmath
September 21st, 2005, 10:02 AM
Hey Connie,

You have nothing to apologize for! You just call 'em like you see 'em! If some people -- including me -- have disagreed with you on occasion, it's impossible for them to hold a grudge when they meet you in person! First time I ran into Connie in Greensboro, she gave me a big hug. You're terrific! (But I will agree with Jim Wheeler that I'm sorry the price of coffee is $17/gallon!)

mattson
September 21st, 2005, 10:15 AM
Does "developing" mean that she is not a swimmer yet?

And what about the "devolving" swimmers out there?

Did "demented" swimmers decide different decorum?

Conniekat8
September 21st, 2005, 01:14 PM
I have to admit, I didn't come up with it. It's a total rip-off from Richard Quick :p

One of the videos that we use at our local clinics is by Richard Quick of Stanford, and as he shows drills, he introduces each swimmer and their skill levels.

The basic kicking drills that is shown at the beginning starts with the introduction that goes something like this: (name, age, I think around 12) is a "developing age group swimmer"

I like that phrase and it's stuck in my head...
I think it's a very nice and technically appropriate term for someone in the process of learning.

Conniekat8
September 21st, 2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by mattson

And what about the "devolving" swimmers out there?

That's what happens once you join Masters ;)

[!!!! Just Kidding !!!!]

Rob Copeland
September 21st, 2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Conniekat8
Having just come back from the USMS convention, the "I'm sorry" theme seems to be bouncing in my head.
Sitting at the banquet, I felt like Rob kept pointing at me! The Guilt!
I'm Sorry! :(
Connie, Iím sorry I kept pointing to you to come up and apologize.:p

I'm sorry no one taped the presentation.

Frank Thompson
September 21st, 2005, 03:21 PM
Rob:

I saw equipment in the back of the banquet room and it looked like the presentations were being taped. I could be wrong and maybe Bill Tingley knows. I know one year that I was up in the hospitality suite after the banquet and was watching a taped presentation of a skit. About the only presentation I know was not taped was Osma Bend Over in 2001 because that was not a USAS banquet but a USMS one. I know you remember that one.