PDA

View Full Version : ILMSA State Meet for 2006

NKMD
September 22nd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Interested in hosting the State meet for 2006.
Bids are due by 10/15/05,
Contact Nadine Day at NDAYPT@aol.com for bid packet.

Voting for State meet site will be on October 20, 2005
at our semi-annual meeting at Seven Bridges, Naperville, IL at 7:00 pm

SRA
November 7th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Hello. Even if a site for the state meet was not settled on at that October meeting, was a weekend selected? Or does the state meet weekend depend on where the meet will be held?

Sarah

carlsaxton
November 7th, 2005, 04:12 PM
ILMSA State Meet Date & Location are as follows:

Dates: April 20 - 23, 2006

Co-hosted by Chicago Masters & Evanston Masters

Meet registration materials, further details, etc. will become available in the next few months.

Regards,
Carl

smontanaro
December 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Any details yet on dates and location?

Thx,

Skip

carlsaxton
December 28th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Dates and location were posted on 11/7/05. Look above your post.

carlsaxton
January 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM
The order of events at this year's ILMSA Short Course Championships are:

Women swim before Men in all events, except in the 400 IM, 500 & 1000 Free, which will be seeded together regardless or gender.

Thursday and Friday - April 20 & 21
1000 Freestyle

Saturday - April 22
100 Individual Medley
200 Backstroke
50 Freestyle
100 Butterfly
200 Mixed Medley Relay
200 Freestyle
50 Backstroke
100 Breaststroke
200 Freestyle Relay
400 Individual Medley

Sunday - April 23
500 Freestyle
200 Butterfly
50 Breaststroke
100 Backstroke
200 Individual Medley
200 Mixed Freestyle Relay
200 Breaststroke
50 Butterfly
100 Freestyle
Presentation of Individual High Point Trophies per Age Group
200 Medley Relay

NKMD
January 5th, 2006, 08:47 PM
You may swim a maximum of 11 individual events.

Either day for the 1000 Free, and 5 events on Saturday and Sunday.

This is a fast 25 yards pool, and host to many USA sectionals, zone championships and many other meets.

UIC and Evanston hosted our State meet last year and did an excellent job. Well run meet.

Mark your calendars and see you all on deck.

Keep swimming....Swimming for Life

carlsaxton
January 23rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Entry form attached.

Anthony Thompson
January 26th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Are the ILMSA State Meet being held in the same pool that the 2006 Gay Games Aquatics programming will take place in July 2006 ?

You might let ILGA know and you might draw some extra swimmer who'd like to see the facility !

NKMD
January 26th, 2006, 11:09 AM
No the Gay Games will be at Univ of Chicago, our ILMSA state meet will be at University of IL at Chicago.

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 26th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Has anyone seen the U of C's new pool? Itis really a great pool, I think.

When Lombard College left Galesburg and became the Univeralist Unitarian theology school at U of C, my father was a student at Lombard. They had a little pool here in Galesburg. The college was one of the original chartered, tax exempt private colleges in Illinois there were 3 (Northwestern was one & I htink the other was Monmouth). Origanlly, there was a statement that all atheletic events must take place in Galesburg. Galesburg had a crew team and the university did also. Galesburg's team got to be the official representivae for U of C for one year (I think).

carlsaxton
January 26th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by NKMD
No the Gay Games will be at Univ of Chicago, our ILMSA state meet will be at University of IL at Chicago.

According to the last issue of USMS Swimmer and also according to the Gay Games website, the swimming events will be held at the UIC pool.

carlsaxton
January 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by carlsaxton
According to the last issue of USMS Swimmer and also according to the Gay Games website, the swimming events will be held at the UIC pool.

Here's what is posted on the Gay Games website:

http://www.gaygameschicago.org/sports/venue.php?mgroup=Swimming

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 27th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Carl

The site you gave leads to nothing. So I looked at both the Chicago city tourist dept's list and the Gay . Chicago city information lists both pools. It also states that the information is not the final list.

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I just looked at the city's offical tourist calendar and the Gay aren't on it any more.

carlsaxton
January 27th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
Carl

The site you gave leads to nothing. So I looked at both the Chicago city tourist dept's list and the Gay . Chicago city information lists both pools. It also states that the information is not the final list.

There must be something wrong with your brower then because I just clicked on the link in my message above and it took me right back to the website showing.

I have set Mark Gill (meet director) a separate email asking for clarification, and once I hear back, I'll share that with the group.

NKMD
January 28th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Mark Gill is currently at the USMS mid year meeting in Houston, TX. Mark is the VP of USMS members services.

I spoke with him last night.

The meet is at University of Chicago.

It will be run SCM in 2 pools.

The meet line is being finalized. The tentative dates July 15-21.

mbmg3282
January 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Nadine is correct, the Gay Games will be swum in the University of Chicago pool. The event will be a dual course 25m meet. The UC pool has 9 lanes. Competition will take place in 6, there will be an empty buffer lane and the final two lanes will be used for warm up.

Information on the Gay Games website is being updated this week and soon will reflect accurate information.

This event will be a USMS sanctioned event and all are welcome to come be a part of the fun. To date, over 500 swimmers have signed up.

Mark Gill
Meet Director