PDA

View Full Version : listing of state wide meets?

born2fly
August 19th, 2002, 03:36 PM
I've recently started back up into the competetive swimming after a 15 year abscence. I am looking for any type of meets in the Ohio area for this coming fall and winter. Anyone know of any?

jackkangaroo
August 30th, 2002, 03:51 PM
You should be able to see the meets posted at:

http://www.ohiolmsc.org/

This is for Toledo/Dayton/Cinci/Columbus/Athens/Mansfield area.

The Lake Erie LMSC, which is greater Cleveland, (which just hosted the well received Long Course Nationals) has their own site. You should be able to use the USMS.org to find their home page.

Hope that helps.

(BMSC hopes to hold a fall meet, but we can't do anything until OSU starts up for fall quarter, oh well - check the above web site often)

Jack

born2fly
August 30th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Jack,
Thanks for that site, unfortunately I have checked out that site already and there are no meets posted, as to date anyway. Guess I will just keep looking for something. I have been in training for the past 6 months, and well, want to compete and get an idea of where I am at, although I am sure it is not at the all-american form I had in my younger yrs. Another frustrating thing is that all the indoor pools around me have closed for pool maintenance for the vast majority of Sept so here I find myself swimming at a local Y in downtown in a 20 yard pool. Guess I get to work on my turns anyway :-)

Thanks again,
greg aka born2fly

MegSmath
September 3rd, 2002, 09:40 AM
It might be farther than you want to travel, but there's a SCM meet in Owensboro, Ky., on November 9. Check out www.kylmsc.org for details.

born2fly
September 3rd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Meg,
Thanks for the info on the meet in Novemeber in Ky. I might just look into that if I can't find anything local.

Thanks Again,
greg

Laura Groselle
September 3rd, 2002, 12:00 PM
Hello Greg!

(I'm from the Cleveland, Akron and Canton area = the Lake Erie LMSC)

We are hosting a SCY meet on October 27th at Oberlin College and we hope to hold a SCM meet in early December at Hudson H.S. (not too far from Columbus).

The Lake Erie LMSC website is:

http://www.mindspring.com/~lakeeriemasters/

The Oberlin meet entry form will be posted soon.

Laura Kessler
O*H*I*O Masters Swim Club

born2fly
September 3rd, 2002, 01:34 PM
Laura,
Thanks for the info on the meet in Oct :-) I will be looking for when the form comes out to sign up.

Thanks Again,
Greg

Laura Groselle
September 4th, 2002, 02:41 PM
The Oberlin meet entry form is now posted at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~lakeeriemasters/

born2fly
September 4th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Laura,
Thanks for letting me know. Going to go print it out now :-)

greg

cjr
September 24th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Hi Greg,

You inquired about meet schedules in and around the state. This list is not final, but does hold true to form year in and year out. This teams typically host the same meets at the same time of year. These meets will be updated as the schedule is solidified.

But just to give you an idea of what you can expect.

October 26 & 27
SCM in Indianapolis @ IUPUI (Info on OHIO LMSC website)
November 9
The KY Classic in Owensboro, KY
December 7
Gamble Nippert Y Meet in Cincinnati
December 8
Lakeside Mile in Louisville KY
January 25
Miami Redfin Masters in Oxford OH
January 25
The Barbara Stevens Invit in BG, KY
February 22
Anderson Barracuda Masters Meet in Cincinnati OH