PDA

View Full Version : Swede goggle question

BillS
October 6th, 2005, 12:02 PM
While ordering a new pair of goggles, I decided to also try a pair of swedes. Based on comments in another thread here, it sounds like quite a few people like them. I got TYR's version, and I can't get them to stop leaking. Is there a trick to these things that I'm not getting? I keep tightening the straps, then the nosepiece, then the straps, etc. etc. etc. and they still leak like sieves, first one eye socket then the other. Fortunately, my other ones (TYR's new Racetech Reveal) work fine, although I think I liked my old Racetechs better.

jswim
October 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Hi Bill,
I have also tried the swedish goggles (original) and have not had good luck with the leaking thing either. I don't know if I'm missing anything or not, but perhaps I just have strangely shaped eye sockets! lol

Good luck finding a good fitting goggle, I say just use whatever works best for you!

cheers!
J.

GoRedFoxes
October 7th, 2005, 01:19 PM
You got to go old school. The swedes that show up in a bag that you must assemble yourself (5$). never had a leakage problem with them.

F'ueco
October 8th, 2005, 12:57 PM
With the originals, you have to make sure that the strap over your nose is the proper length. Otherwise you will get leakage. Also, you may need to wear them a bit on the tight side.

Swedes are all I've used since college, and I won't use anything else.

thisgirl13
October 9th, 2005, 02:01 AM
I'm with the group. I've used the original Swedes, and I've also used the TYR Socket Rockets.

I like both. My trademark for my team, being one of a very small number of women on this small team, is for my goggles to be pink. It's a weird thing, I know, but I enjoy that little bit of girliness around all the testosterone.

I've got absolutely nothing for you on why they leak, or how you get them to stop. Try tightening them. Or, in a more effective manner, you might try gluing them to your eyes (hey, it might work for some people).

tjrpatt
October 9th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I can't do the swedish googles. Us, bigged eyed people have to wear whatever googles that will cover our eyes. Usually, speedo have a good selection for the big eyed swimming community.