PDA

View Full Version : DC Swimming

craiglll@yahoo.com
October 20th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I'm going to be in DC From Nove 11 to 15. I used to swim at Marie Reed. I'm wondering times for that pool. Are there any workout times anywhere for saturday morning?

pettijohn
October 21st, 2005, 08:19 AM
Onley Maryland with the Ancient Mariners---7:30 to 9:00

PS I graduated from Knox College

craiglll@yahoo.com
October 21st, 2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by pettijohn
Onley Maryland with the Ancient Mariners---7:30 to 9:00

PS I graduated from Knox College

So did I. What year did you graduate? I did in 1984. I lived in DC from 1984 to 1992.

I think Olney is too far for me to go for the time I'll be there. I was looking for something in the city for saturday. I think that I'll probably swim at Marie Reed during the week days and then who knows.

craiglll@yahoo.com
October 21st, 2005, 01:35 PM
Did you know that President Taylor actually thought about bringing back Old Siwash?

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 7th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know what is wrong with DCAC's website?

TheGoodSmith
November 7th, 2005, 12:11 PM
craiglll@yahoo.com,

Go call Clay Britt and Mariners in DC. He'll give you a workout.

John Smith

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 8th, 2005, 10:57 AM
I can't make it to any of the Mariners workouts. Plus they are way out by White Flint. That might as well be in Canada.

psyncw
November 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM
DCAC has practice at Marie Reed on mondays and wednesdays from 8-9:30. Saturday we have practice at Montgomery college, takoma park campus from 8:30-10. Sunday we swim at washington-lee high school at 10am. DCRP practices at marie reed I believe on saturday mornings. not sure of the time. i hope that helps.

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 9th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I called the DCrec office, they said that Marie Reed is closed on Saturdays, now. I was planning on swimming at Washington-Lee on Sunday. Today, I found out we were staying at the Embassy Suites at Friendship Heights. I thought we were staying in Foggy Bottom.

I used to love swimming at Marie Reed, especially when it rained or snowed. That south glass wall is so great!