PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 4th, 2005, 03:49 PM
For some reason, for the last few weeks, I've been dragging a lot of air with my hands. I don't know what I'm doing different;y. Can some one give me a few reasons for air bubbles at hand entry.

TheGoodSmith
November 4th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Shave your hands...... :-)

John Smith

Conniekat8
November 4th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Stiff hand entry?
Slapping water on entry?
Not enough time in front quadrant for bubbles to clear off?

Zirconium
November 4th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Could it be simply because you suddenly pay particular attention to the bubbles so you think you see more of them?

Sabretooth Tiger
November 4th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Perhaps your hands have been enjoying a new high fiber diet thus causing excess hand flatulence?

Tom Ellison
November 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Do your hands have calluses on them?

Peter Cruise
November 4th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Craig- always know that your buddies here will take your dilemmas seriously & turn the full blazing power of our collective swim wisdom to seek the truth behind your question.

Sabretooth Tiger
November 4th, 2005, 09:21 PM
The answer indeed appears to be callused hairy farting palms.

MichiganHusker
November 4th, 2005, 10:50 PM
And you thought you had problems!

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 5th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I do have calluses where my fingers meet my palms. I have a lot of webbing there also.

I'm not slapping the water but maybe I am enterrring the water with hands that are too stiff.

thanks

dvarner
November 5th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Perhaps it's the champagne.

(Poconos resorts, anyone?)

DV

etrain
November 7th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Try changing the angle of your hand at which you enter the water. I know that when I get lazy and tired, my hands will enter at a different angle and my bubble friends come to see me as well...

etrain

ande
November 7th, 2005, 10:26 AM
place a tiny pause on the front end of your stroke and it will clean the bubbles off

ande

Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
For some reason, for the last few weeks, I've been dragging a lot of air with my hands. I don't know what I'm doing different;y. Can some one give me a few reasons for air bubbles at hand entry.

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 7th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Ande,

I've been doing catch-up drills, reach & stop drills & one hand stroke drills, I haven't notice that the bubbles have decreased much. When i try to speed up, the bubbles increase considerably.

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM
If I couidl swim in a pool of Veuve Cliquo, blue lable, I woudl be in happy.

ande
November 7th, 2005, 10:53 AM
if you could swim in a pool of champagne
the moral of the story would be:

don't whine about tiny bubbles

ande

Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
If I couidl swim in a pool of Veuve Cliquo, blue lable, I woudl be in happy.

TheGoodSmith
November 7th, 2005, 12:04 PM
The fact that you are old and working out regularly in the pool is good enough. Don't worry about the bubbles.

John Smith

dvarner
November 7th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I've noticed that in the front quarter routine if my hand/arm are too close to the surface this could happen. Goofy feeling when your finger tips come out of the water at the far reach point.

Perhaps as you speed up your head is coming up and lifting your outstretched arm with it.

My 2 cents,

DV

[prefers VEUVE CLIQUOT "LA GRAND DAME" or KRUG, but will negotiate]

[had a New Year's Eve dinner at a friend's house with 6 different champagnes tailored to each of 6 different courses - and no hangover! The good stuff is worth it twice....]

Guvnah
November 8th, 2005, 03:13 PM
In my opinion, THIS is what pull paddles are for.

For me, pull paddles amplify flaws in my stroke and allow me to "feel" the subtleties better.

You often drag more bubbles when you don't "push" you hand a little under water right after your hand enters the water.

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 9th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by TheGoodSmith
The fact that you are old and working out regularly in the pool is good enough. Don't worry about the bubbles.

John Smith

I'm not old!!!!!!!

I use paddles aboput every other day. After using then was when I noticed the bubbles.

A.K.
November 9th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by botterud
Perhaps your hands have been enjoying a new high fiber diet thus causing excess hand flatulence?
LOL !!!