PDA

View Full Version : No Way!

Draconis
November 17th, 2005, 07:34 PM
No way no way no way no way!!!
Okay, lemme elaborate :D.
The Provincial High School Championships is about to begin in my province, and on the times sheet (the tiimes were obtained in zone meets) for 100m Boys SC Breaststroke, there was this guy who went 55.68!!!! No frigin way! Ed Moses swam a 57 something for the SC short course record, and this guy totally demolished that record??? 2 seconds off!!! No way! NO WAY!
I'm not sure if the results are authetic tho :D. But they DID come from the official provincials sign up sheet and the times were obtained in the zone meets. What do you think? Do you believe this time? Remember the competitors are high school students. 55.68? No WAY!!

valhallan
November 17th, 2005, 08:23 PM
The records still stand as they are.

It's not uncommon for age groupers to submit short course yards times for seeding in meters events.

F'ueco
November 18th, 2005, 12:07 AM
I wish I could swim 200 free that fast right now... :)

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 18th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by F'ueco
I wish I could swim 200 free that fast right now... :)

I just wish I could swim hte breaststroke. In 1997, when I was getting my WSI certificate, I was assigned to "teach" to my fellow classmates the breaststroke. It was so hard. I have a terribly difficult time seeing, in my mind, myself swimming the stroke.

MikeB
November 18th, 2005, 12:29 PM
I wish I could swim 100 free that fast right now! ;)

Hoosier
November 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I agree, probably a SCY entry time, having been the entry chair at many invitational meets I have seen this happen. Especially when you are going into LCM from SCY times (summer after winter season) and anytime you go to a SCM format, as there is often swimmers with no SCM times. Other than that, go watch and see the next world champion!

knelson
November 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, there's no question the time is not legit. The short course yards to short course meters conversion seems a little less likely since this is in Canada, though.

Guvnah
November 18th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Prolly SCY, not SCM, but frankly, 55-56 is pretty damn awesome for yards all the same.