PDA

View Full Version : Shirt quotes

StcSwimmer06
November 18th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I am in charge of designing the shirts for my H.S. team and need a quote for the back, and figured this would be the place to ask. Needs to be lkind of short (to fit) and school approprate. Have fun.

pmbchill
November 18th, 2005, 09:29 PM
What is your mascot?

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 19th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Don't use black. When I get a t-shirt from a postal and it is black, it immediately goes into my pile of t-shirts I never put on. they are hot & itchie

Hoosier
November 19th, 2005, 11:24 AM
How about..."If you are not a lead dog, your view never changes":)

MikeB
November 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Men's team or women's team (or both)?

How about these:
Swimmers Know All the Best Strokes
Only Wimps Need Time Outs
Some take their marks.. others leave them!
If you can't swim with sharks...Stay out of the pool!
Just 'cause you swim doesn't make you a swimmer
Swimmers like it Wet!

Hmm...maybe some better ones will come to me in time...

newmastersswimmer
November 22nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
I saw a shirt this weekend at a swim meet that said something like...."The meek may inherit the earth....but they will NEVER rule the water!".....Not exactly politically correct....but I liked it anyway.......I wonder if you could get sued though for using a catch phrase that has already been used before?....If so then you will have to not only rule out mine...but you will most likely also have to rule out all of the suggestions MikeB made (and the one Hoosier made)?

Newmastersswimmer

MikeB
November 22nd, 2005, 01:42 PM
Why not steal the quote from the 2006 Check-Off Challenge? (See graphic On the USMS home page) That's pretty good...

OK, here are a few others, overheard somewhere or another:
- If it ain't skin tight, it don't fit right
- Swimmers do it in Lycra
- Real athletes don't wear shoes
- I swim, therefore I.M.
- We put the Style in Freestyle

I can't imagine that there would be a problem using any of these quotes, they've all been around for so darn long, they're sure to be on countless teams' shirts all over the world...

Fishgrrl
November 22nd, 2005, 01:55 PM
Those are great! Here's one of my personal favorites:

"When the going gets tough, the sprinters get out."

(no offense to the sprinters out there...really) ;)

I'm just secretly jealous that I can't sprint my way out of a paper bag, but give me a set of 6 x 400 any day!

newmastersswimmer
November 22nd, 2005, 09:12 PM
originally posted by MikeB

I can't imagine that there would be a problem using any of these quotes, they've all been around for so darn long, they're sure to be on countless teams' shirts all over the world...

You're probably right.....but I wasn't sure b/c you hear of some pretty crazy things that people have sued eachother over....for example....I read somewhere that Donald Trump claimed that he had exclusive legal rights to the catch phrase "you're fired" b/c of his use of that phrase on his t.v. show The Apprentice (and he got a patent on it or something?)....I find that hard to believe for such a basic common phrase like that?! ....The fact that I actually saw the catch phrase I mentioned earlier (about the meek inhereting the earth) already printed on a t-shirt then made me wonder about it?

Newmastersswimmer

p.s. I like your swimming slogans though....very funny!

Bob McAdams
November 22nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
One I've always liked is:

"It's not whether you win or lose - it's whether I win or lose!"

StcSwimmer06
November 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Thaks for the replys everyone. i think we have decided on...

Some swimmers take their marks...others leave them. I know its not exactly the one we were given but we are trying to please a team of 30 :-/ not easy. thanks again for all the responses, they are all highly appricated.

BruceGianniny
November 23rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
I swim therefore I am

Swimmer Bill
November 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
"Masters swimmer in training"

Xenadiva
November 29th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Believe it or not but the year my sister swam on my high school team they came out with t-shirts that said,"Go in hard, come out wet"!

Don't know how that one slid by.....Maybe because everyone was paying attention to football.

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 30th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I just odered my check-off challenge t-shirt., I thought their slogan this year was very good.

jswim
November 30th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I have always liked...

Chlorine... The breakfast of Champions!

The Irish Friend
December 5th, 2005, 09:50 AM
I always liked the following 2 :

Happiness...is swimming fast

and

Have you hugged a wet swimmer lately ?

Yardbird
December 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I saw a good one at the Texas Invite that I have not seen before. Did not see the school, just saw the swimmer from the back. It said:

Busting our butts to kick yours!

geochuck
August 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM
This one from my swim school. "Hapiness is Swimming"

swimgold92
August 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by StcSwimmer06
I am in charge of designing the shirts for my H.S. team and need a quote for the back, and figured this would be the place to ask. Needs to be lkind of short (to fit) and school approprate. Have fun.

How about:
Rest is our weapon...

swimshark
August 18th, 2006, 08:05 AM
My favorite has always been

"I'm not clumsy... I'm chlorinated"

Had that on a shirt growing up and still own that shirt some 20+ years later.
:cool:

Michael Heather
August 18th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Presuming the front will identify the wearer as a swimmer from XYZ High School, all the back has to say is:

Follow me!

born2fly
August 19th, 2006, 08:41 PM
here is one i saw for masters,

I used to be faster, but now I am a Master

kokkole
August 20th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm making one for a friend of mine I work out with that says:

"Shut up and Swim"...

needless to say, she's a wallhanger... :rolleyes:

DianaC
August 21st, 2006, 10:35 AM
My favorite shirt right now has the shark Bruce from Nemo on the front, and it says, "If you can't swim with the big fish stay on the shore." It is perfect for an open water swimmer like me! If I ever get a chance to organize an open water event, that is what I will put on the tshirt.

fatboy
August 21st, 2006, 11:40 AM
Diana, That sounds like a good T-shirt.

SwimTeacher
April 15th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I read this thread with great interest. I'm a swim teacher and also design t-shirts and was looking for some good swim quotes and ideas. Wow, you guys really helped. They are here if anybody is interested

Swimming t-shirts (http://www.printfection.com/sportschamp/Swimming-t-shirts-and-gifts/_s_51582)

If I violated anything by posting this, I apologize.

Gkami
April 15th, 2007, 09:51 PM
One that I designed in highschool had the atomic table square for Chlorine and said "Clorine makes everything taste better"

Treebox
April 16th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Athletes swim,
Others play games.

swimr4life
April 16th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I read this thread with great interest. I'm a swim teacher and also design t-shirts and was looking for some good swim quotes and ideas. Wow, you guys really helped. They are here if anybody is interested

Swimming t-shirts (http://www.printfection.com/sportschamp/Swimming-t-shirts-and-gifts/_s_51582)

If I violated anything by posting this, I apologize.

I LOVE the H2O shirt design!!! Very cute and original!

Ivor
April 16th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Who needs to stick to t-shirts?

This (https://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?op=article&article_id=3217014) (possibly not safe for work) was our most popular seller until it was, well . . . you know, er . . . banned.

Other popular sellers:

I love the smell of chlorine in the morning

I swim therefore I am

I'm not a master, I'm the master

I don't do breaststroke

SwimTeacher
April 16th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Who needs to stick to t-shirts?

This (https://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?op=article&article_id=3217014) (possibly not safe for work) was our most popular seller until it was, well . . . you know, er . . . banned.

Other popular sellers:

I love the smell of chlorine in the morning

I swim therefore I am

I'm not a master, I'm the master

I don't do breaststroke

I would do something like the Mark Spitz thing, but I think it wouldn't get banned on taste, but using a celebs name!

I have a shirt saying "I swim therefore I am" and I'm not limited to t-shirts - I have another site that has mugs and other things - including thongs ;)

Just e mail me if you have requests. I'm also taking note of the other quotes people have put up recently. Thanks

FindingMyInnerFish
April 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Just recently participated in an indoor triathlon (stationary bike, so I'm not sure it strictly speaking counts as a true triathlon, but that's for another post) and loved the saying on the back: "Attitude required."

But I'm enjoying all of the quotes! Thanks everyone for posting!

Slowswim
April 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
When I was in HS and our Cross Country Team was going into the Post-season: district, region, and finally the state championship; out shirts said,

"All in our STATE of mind"

Karen Duggan
April 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM
"Those who say it cannot be done should get out of the lane of those who are doing it."- Chinese proverb (kinda) credit to Kerry O'Brien :)

"Swimming- the most fun you can have with a suit on!" again, Kerry.

"Lead, follow, or get out of the pool."

Slowswim
April 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Oh I forgot this comment I use...

It ain't bragging if you can do it; its a fact!

Danny Defeat-0
April 16th, 2007, 11:54 PM
If it's a female team.... Swimmin' Wimmin

How about The First Shall be First

Pool-Hearty Fools

We're all Wet

Winning isn't important...ya right

Muppet
April 17th, 2007, 10:50 AM
One that a lot of masters teams use is "Masters Swimming - Be all you thought you used to be"

Other good ones are plays off pop culture phrases, titles, etc.
Does your team have a mascot? I'm a big fan of the bovine/ canine/ feline/ equine/ marine/ etc references.

Does your 3-4 letter team abbreviation lend you to something?
Masters of Orlando (MOO) - MOOve over, Florida!
New England Masters (NEM) - Need Every Meter

SwimStud
April 17th, 2007, 10:54 AM
One that a lot of masters teams use is "Masters Swimming - Be all you thought you used to be"

Other good ones are plays off pop culture phrases, titles, etc.
Does your team have a mascot? I'm a big fan of the bovine/ canine/ feline/ equine/ marine/ etc references.

Does your 3-4 letter team abbreviation lend you to something?
Masters of Orlando (MOO) - MOOve over, Florida!
New England Masters (NEM) - Need Every Meter

How about CONN?

Count On Not Noodling!

swimr4life
April 17th, 2007, 12:29 PM

VERY CUTE!
It is a lot like one of my T-shirts. "The older I get, the faster I was."

Muppet
April 17th, 2007, 01:10 PM
How about "My goal is to die young as late as possible!"
:banana: :dedhorse: :groovy:

Swimmy
April 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I just got a funny one...
It has a gecko with big blood shot eyes. The quote is "got chlorine?" It is a play on the old "got milk" ads.
Swimmy :)

strong440
April 17th, 2007, 10:07 PM
At the YMCA Masters Nationals in Indy last week I saw a young guy with a BOILERS tee shirt, which reminded me that they used to be the BOILER TANKERS, and in earlier years the best I've seen. "THE SKIDMARKS".

3strokes
April 21st, 2007, 11:03 AM
How about one that says, "My other body is a 10!"
a-la-license-plate-frames.