PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving 2005

MichiganHusker
November 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time to give thanks, so I thought I would give thanks to the following (swimming related only):

So, Thanks:

To my mom and dad who started me swimming competitively when I was 7 years old and drove me and my sister all around the country.

To my favorite all time coach, Dennis Vokolek. You always got me to swim my best.

To my sister who was always a better swimmer but gave me permission to break her 100 yd free style school record (and I did).

To Donna DeVarona, my favorite, most admired swimmer of all time.

To Ray Hupert for being my favorite age-group coach and saying such nice things about me during the broadcast of Nebraska's state swimmeet in 1979.

To Mo Chambers who helped me get my courage up to start swimming again and for helping me understand the workouts.

To all Masters Swimmers who participate in this discussion forum.

To Frank "Skip" Thompson who was on a flight many years ago when I was a flight attendant and gave me information regarding the Michigan Masters Swimming program (it just took my another 10 years to do something about it).

To my boss who encourages all of her employees to live a healthy and well-balanced life.

To my husband who supports my swimming and never complains if I am late for dinner or leave on the weekend for a workout.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. My brain has already gone on holiday. Have a safe Thanksgiving.

newmastersswimmer
November 29th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us....I enjoyed reading it.

Newmastersswimmer