PDA

View Full Version : the most incredible home christmas light displays set to music

ande
November 30th, 2005, 10:34 AM
here's the most incredible home christmas light displays set to music that I have ever seen or heard:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/45390/wizards_of_winter/

What do you think of it?

enjoy,

Ande

craiglll@yahoo.com
November 30th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I dont' understand this type of display. It really seems very gross to me.

Seagurl51
November 30th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Some one had waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to much time on their hands. I want to know what the neighbors think.

jswim
November 30th, 2005, 11:22 AM
yeah, I imagine it would get really old and annoying to neighbors, or perhaps dangerous if he lived on a busy street! lol..

but I have to admit that the creativity and ingenuity that went into making that is pretty impressive!

A.K.
November 30th, 2005, 08:07 PM
VERY Creative - I like it, nothing like thinking outside the box and running with it!

- From what the supposed friend mentioned it is only run from 6PM-10PM

BillS
November 30th, 2005, 08:17 PM
In the immortal words of Charlie Brown, "AARRGGGHHHH."

I thought the lighting lagged far behind the music on the annoyance scale, but the net effect of both is definitely in fingernails on the chalkboard territory.

I'm going home to put on Vince Guaraldi's timeless classic "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and try and forget I ever saw and heard whatever that was.

laineybug
December 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
I didn't find the lights lagging way behind, wonder if it was your streaming. Someone put in a lot of effort! This one is unique in its approach.

jswim
December 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM
yeah, when I watched it, the lights were spot on, very impressive.
I wouldn't even begin to know where to start on setting something like that up!

BillS
December 1st, 2005, 06:36 PM
I guess I wasn't clear enough.

The annoying lights were synced perfectly to the unbelievably annoying music. I concede that this must have taken someone a great deal of time and expertise (although the eternal question Why? springs immediately to mind.)

My point was that I didn't find the light display, crass, garish, and annoying as it may have been, to be nearly as crass, garish, and annoying as the music. Perhaps next year the creator can work harder to make the light display more annoying.

dorothyrde
December 1st, 2005, 07:04 PM
I'm thinking this was digitally done on a computer, not the real thing.

Peter Cruise
December 1st, 2005, 07:22 PM
You all do realize that the house is really the Geek's house & of course loud, garish & annoying...

dorothyrde
December 2nd, 2005, 07:30 AM
Bahahahahahaha or for the season, hohohohohohoho

Alex
December 2nd, 2005, 12:11 PM
For me it was great to watch it....

dorothyrde
December 9th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Well, apparently this IS real. It was on one of those fluff TV shows, like Inside Hollywood or something. The guy spends an addition 150.00 per month on power usage.

Jeff Commings
December 9th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I've been watching this on my computer every day for a week now. The electric guitar is mesmerizing.

If this were my neighbor, I wouldn't mind. I'd make hot cocoa and cookies for those that stand outside to watch the display.

James
December 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Its a beaut Clark, its a beaut!!:D

ande
December 9th, 2005, 03:39 PM
the song is "Wizard in Winter" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra

and here's what I found on the home owner.

This display got itself a spot on NBC's "Today" with Matt Lauer. The man responsible for this is a guy named Carson Williams of Mason, Ohio. An engineer, he started setting up the lights just after Halloween. The show runs between 6:00 pm - 10:00 p.m.

I think it's a remarkable feat of engineering

Ande

Originally posted by Jeff Commings
I've been watching this on my computer every day for a week now. The electric guitar is mesmerizing.

If this were my neighbor, I wouldn't mind. I'd make hot cocoa and cookies for those that stand outside to watch the display.

MichiganHusker
December 28th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Has anyone seen the Miller Lite commercial?

I was all like "Check this out honey! This light show is kind of cool, but a little over done."

And my husband was all like "uh huh"

And I was all like "Seriously, I learned about this light show on the USMS discussion forum."

And he was all like "uh huh"

And I was all like "Can you believe I learned about a Christmas light show on a swimming website?"

And I was all like "Swimmers are sooooo cool!"

jean sterling
December 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I just got a high speed internet connection so was able to watch this. I thought it was HILARIOUS!! LOL! Make that ROTFLOL.

Mark in MD
December 28th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by James
Its a beaut Clark, its a beaut!!:D
Well put James. Clark would be proud.

I can believe that the owner of the house starts putting up lights after Halloween. I started the week before Thanksgiving, as I decorate the FRONT and BACK of our house as there is a street directly behind our house. Watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is my incentive to get it done. However, our house is a static display ... the electric company here likes us, I suppose. (I think I would be too tacky to include pictures.) After I finish, it's on to watching A Christmas Story (about Ralphie and Red Rider Rifle.) I received Jean Shepherd's In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash for Christmas which is the book on which the movie is based. Great reading!

While I am here, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. All the best to everyone.

Mark