PDA

View Full Version : Bored graphic artist

laineybug
December 11th, 2005, 02:07 PM
gives a whole new meaning to lane

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/laineybugtoo/roadswim.jpg

dorothyrde
December 11th, 2005, 08:12 PM
I had this as my background for a while last summer. It is kinda cool.

A.K.
December 11th, 2005, 09:32 PM
That's what I used to feel like training in a 50M course when I was young- just winding down the road.

swimr4life
December 12th, 2005, 09:58 AM
That's what I feel like whenever I do over a 50 fly! ;) Thanks for sharing that laineybug. VERY COOL!

craiglll@yahoo.com
December 12th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Yesterday, I was swimmign along and an older lady was swimming next to me. All was going well. Then this younger girl enterred the middle. she swam along. All was going along well. When She & I were both stopped, she asked me if I wanted to swim circles. I told her that the older lady really preferred not to do so. the girl said " No, just us two. that way it would be better for the other woman."

I said, "No, I woudl preferred to continue down the lane line because I was getting ready to do 50yd repeats, fast."

The girl started to cry and said that shewsa sorry she even brought it up. She was just thinking of the older woman. I told her that the older woman would still have to contend with 2 people swimmign by her every length.

The next tiem the younger girl & I were both stopped at the end of the lane, the girl began to cry and told me "Please reconsider. I've just cut my foot on the drain (it was actually the water flow pushing cleaned water into the pool) and she wanted to swim cirles." The girl by now was balling uncontrollably. I said, "You've really ruined my swim. Now I'm getting out. so you can have it all."

She said, " That wasn't my intent, reason , nor goal."

I said, "In swimming as in dreams, it is all about the swimmer." got out and went and rowed for 230 minutes.

After I left, the girl ran the older woman out of the pool. complained to the lifegaurd about me and the "drain." then went into the cadio room and ran on a treadmill on her cut foot.

BORN2BNH2O
December 12th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Bizarre........really bizarre.
What in the world was that all about? wierd.

Sorry your workout was cut short. :confused:

jswim
December 13th, 2005, 10:31 AM
agreed.. totally bizarre!

I'd stay away from that girl in the future if I were you :)

knelson
December 13th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
Yesterday, I was swimmign along and an older lady was swimming next to me. All was going well. Then this younger girl enterred the middle. she swam along. All was going along well. When She & I were both stopped, she asked me if I wanted to swim circles. I told her that the older lady really preferred not to do so. the girl said " No, just us two. that way it would be better for the other woman."

I said, "No, I woudl preferred to continue down the lane line because I was getting ready to do 50yd repeats, fast."

So you had three people in a lane and didn't swim circles? I don't even know how this is possible unless the lanes are really wide. It certainly doesn't sound like much fun.

Lap swims are always lots of fun, but so far I've never actually seen someone cry!

aquageek
December 13th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Refusing to circle swim is a pet peeve of mine. That's just a fact of life in pools, you let others in and don't hog the lane. Maybe the pool courtesies sign that are in every pool in the world should be in larger print at your pool.

LindsayNB
December 13th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by knelson
So you had three people in a lane and didn't swim circles? I don't even know how this is possible unless the lanes are really wide.

At our six lane pool they usually only put in two lane ropes to produce three "double size" lanes. We will usually swim side by side for three or less swimmers and start circle swimming if a fourth joins. In our case the pool signs actually specify circle swimming for four or more. I don't know if Craig's pool is set up this way.

I actually prefer the double lane setup as when you circle swim you can swim down the side and back in the middle which makes it easier to pass and easier to avoid collisions when swimming fly or breast. The single lane everyone swimming the same way setup shown on the USMS circle swimming diagram means that the people on either side of you are going in the opposite direction increasing collision avoidance distraction. The downside is more waves.

MichiganHusker
December 13th, 2005, 02:16 PM
It must have been a special outing for the patients at the local pyscho ward. Hope you don't have to deal with this chick too many times in the future. You may not be safe!

craiglll@yahoo.com
December 13th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Where I swim, they just put one lane marker down for two lanes. She showed up today. She was crying before she even got into the pool.

dorothyrde
December 14th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Holiday Stress?

dorothyrde
December 14th, 2005, 07:23 AM
There is a woman who swims at the pool I swim at. She was always very foul tempered, would get real angry at the swim team because they were loud, at the lessons teachers, because they were loud. She always had a frown on her face and just was unpleasant.

One of the swim teach coaches who also taught lessons decided to privately talk to her. Turns out there were some real hard issues she was dealing with, and she just wanted to come to the pool and have peace and quiet while she swam.

Either those issues have resolved, or she realizes noise is part of the place, but she is much more pleasant now and says hi to the regulars and carries on nice conversations. I think the coach reaching out had a lot to do with it, a little compassion goes a long way.

Not saying you should reach out to this girl, but maybe realize something real wrong is happening with her right now. Maybe she is flunking out of school, maybe other issues that are just overwhelming.

nkace
December 14th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by laineybug
gives a whole new meaning to lane

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/laineybugtoo/roadswim.jpg

This is so well done, it's awesome!!

seabiscuit
December 14th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Where I swim, they just put one lane marker down for two lanes. She showed up today. She was crying before she even got into the pool.

This is obviously a ploy to get your phone number.

...either that, or someone has a bad chlorine allergy.

jswim
December 15th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Great point Dorothy!

It's easy to forget there are many things going on below the surface with many people, and sometimes they leak out in strange and outwardly uncomfortable ways...

Thanks for the reminder.. ;)

craiglll@yahoo.com
December 15th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by dorothyrde
There is a woman who swims at the pool I swim at. She was always very foul tempered, would get real angry at the swim team because they were loud, at the lessons teachers, because they were loud. She always had a frown on her face and just was unpleasant.

One of the swim teach coaches who also taught lessons decided to privately talk to her. Turns out there were some real hard issues she was dealing with, and she just wanted to come to the pool and have peace and quiet while she swam.

Either those issues have resolved, or she realizes noise is part of the place, but she is much more pleasant now and says hi to the regulars and carries on nice conversations. I think the coach reaching out had a lot to do with it, a little compassion goes a long way.

Not saying you should reach out to this girl, but maybe realize something real wrong is happening with her right now. Maybe she is flunking out of school, maybe other issues that are just overwhelming.

Dorothy,

I'm back in Urbana and swimmignat the High school. there is a guy there who is so mean. He yelled at the young man you teaches. Previously, he got so mad at the little girl we mentor that she started to cry & won't go back to the pool. He has a horrible stroke,has a blue swim trunks and a white cap. I think he might have swam at the Y a few years ago. I swear he could be an axe murderer!

Why do psychos swim?

dorothyrde
December 15th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Dorothy,

I'm back in Urbana and swimmignat the High school. there is a guy there who is so mean. He yelled at the young man you teaches. Previously, he got so mad at the little girl we mentor that she started to cry & won't go back to the pool. He has a horrible stroke,has a blue swim trunks and a white cap. I think he might have swam at the Y a few years ago. I swear he could be an axe murderer!

Why do psychos swim?

I never understand mean people. The only guy I know that swam at the Y and yelled all the time is very furry, and still swimming at the Y. He would get very angry at the swim team sharing the pool and proceed to berate the guard for 30 minutes about it....like the guard had anything to do with the schedule.
I always enjoyed getting in the pool and lapping him again and again after he would do that.

MichiganHusker
December 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I got this chain email today regarding anger management:

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying "Hello."

I politely said, "This is Chris. Could I please speak with Robyn Carter?"

Suddenly a manic voice yelled out in my ear "Get the right f**in number!" and the phone was slammed down on me.

I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude. When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I had accidentally transposed the last two digits.

After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again.

When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled "You're an *******!" and hung up. I wrote his number down with the word '*******' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer.

Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, "You're an *******!"

It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic "******* calling" would have to stop.

So, I called his number and said, "Hi, this is John Smith from the Verizon. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID
Program?"

He yelled "NO!" and slammed down the phone.

I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an *******!"

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me.

I noticed a "For Sale" sign in his back window which included his phone number, so I wrote down the number.

A couple of days later, right after calling the first ******* (I had his number on speed dial) I thought that I'd better call the BMW *******, too. I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?"

"Yes, it is", he said.

"Can you tell me where I can see it?" I asked.

"Yes, I live at 34 Mowbray Blvd, in Vaucluse. It's a yellow house, and the car's parked right out in front."

"What's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Don Hansen," he said.

"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"

"I'm home every evening after five."

"Listen, Don, can I tell you something?"

"Yes?"

"Don, you're an *******!" Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed dial, too.

Now, when I had a problem, I had two assholes to call.

Then I came up with an idea. I called ******* #1.

"Hello."

"You're an *******!" (But I didn't hang up.)

"Are you still there?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Stop calling me," he screamed.

"Make me," I said.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"My name is Don Hansen."

"Yeah? Where do you live?"

"*******, I live at 34 Mowbray Blvd, Vaucluse, a yellow house, with my black Beamer parked in front."

He said, "I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers."

I said, "Yeah, like I'm really scared, *******," and hung up.

Then I called ******* #2. "Hello?" he said.

"Hello, *******," I said.

He yelled, "If I ever find out who you are..."

"You'll what?" I said! .

"I'll kick your ass," he exclaimed.

I answered, "Well, *******, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now."

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 34 Mowbray Blvd, Vaucluse, and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover.

Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down in Mowbray Blvd, Vaucluse.

I quickly got into my car and headed over to Mowbray.

I got there just in time to watch two assholes beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead police helicopter and a news crew.

NOW I feel much better.

Anger management really works...

seabiscuit
December 16th, 2005, 08:17 PM
very very funny Susan. Thank you for the laughs.