PDA

View Full Version : FINA at Stanford: Which pool are we swimming in?

SCAQ Member
December 18th, 2005, 04:44 PM
In the gallery section at FINA, there are three pools shown at the Stanford campus, one surrounded by satnds and then what appears be a a 50- meter pool next to it with ho stands or sitting arrangements.

When you look at the pool with the grandstands, the pool seemingly is lacking black lines the whole length of the pool. This leads me to think we will be swimming in the pool without the grandstands. Is this the case?

Sabretooth Tiger
December 18th, 2005, 07:41 PM
yes

Phil Arcuni
December 18th, 2005, 10:27 PM
There are actually two 50 meter pools that will host the swimming events. The pool with the grandstands will be used for water polo. Another pool will be used for diving.

Michael Heather
December 19th, 2005, 09:03 AM
You must be registered with USMS (or another recognized NGB in another country) and affiliated with a recognized club in order to participate in the FINA World Masters championships. SCAQ is one of the few clubs that does not require USMS registration to belong.

Jeff Commings
December 19th, 2005, 12:54 PM
The pools will most likely have some seating arrangements. When the nationals were there last year they had temporary stands. But there is also a very well-kept lawn on the deck, and when I was at a meet there I was quite comfortable lounging on the grass.

SCAQ Member
December 19th, 2005, 05:09 PM
SCAQ is one of the few clubs that does not require USMS registration to belong.

Don't worry, the fix is in. I am so hooked up with USMS because of my "trey grand vitesse" and good looks. Not only that I paid for a SPMA membership.

Now, am I stylin' or what?

Sabretooth Tiger
December 19th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Tony,

Where is this Loc Angeles place? And if you swim for SCAQ, I am dumbfounded that you have any interest in the pool meet . . . aren't you really just in it for the open water swim along with Ireland, Nicolletti, Behrens, Dixon, Taylor, Cook, et al.?

:D

SCAQ Member
December 19th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Well, if I could figure out the dark arts of the USMS user profile and change my city location from "Loc Angeles" to "Lost Angeles", I would do it in a New York minute.

Open water swimming is cool; (Check out my Alcatraz Sharkfest place), but I would never swim in a loch. I rather deal with sharks than sea monsters.

swim53
December 20th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I'm really looking forward to this meet, as I know the entire USA Masters population is.
I found the "meet book" at www.2006finamasters.org/documents/meetbook120805.pdf
but it does not print. Is there a way to print it?

Rob Copeland
December 23rd, 2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by swim53
I'm really looking forward to this meet, as I know the entire USA Masters population is.
I found the "meet book" at www.2006finamasters.org/documents/meetbook120805.pdf
but it does not print. Is there a way to print it?
Swim53, it prints fine for me. You may have a problem with the amount of memory on your printer or with your version of Acrobat. Try printing a page or 2 instead of the whole document to see if itís a memory thing.