PDA

View Full Version : Newbie One Hour Postal question

Schleck
January 6th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Hi fellas - Im a newb here with a mind to do the one hour postal. Are there rules about what stroke you can use? Can I vary strokes? Dog paddle the last 10 minutes if I have to? Is ther a point to timing splits? Do they have to average out somehow? I can imagine mine will be widely varied - will that disqualify me somehow?

Obviously I'm not out to beat anybody, I just want to see how far I can get in an hour, and never having done anything like this I've no idea how it will go.

Thanks in advance for he info

Rob Copeland
January 6th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Schleck
Are there rules about what stroke you can use? Can I vary strokes? Dog paddle the last 10 minutes if I have to? Is ther a point to timing splits? Do they have to average out somehow? I can imagine mine will be widely varied - will that disqualify me somehow? You can do dog paddle, you rest at the walls, sipping espresso and chatting, you can change strokes in the middle of a length. You can swim it almost any way you want.

About the only things you arenít allowed to do are use fins, hand paddles, flotation devices, or draft.

And the point of providing splits is for you and the event director to make sure you did the distance. There have been instances where people have miscounted and by reviewing the splits it was determined where the errors occurred.