PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster CA swimmers?

sdswimmer
January 31st, 2006, 11:12 PM
Any of you out there?
I need a place to swim next week-evenings but can only find a pool with lap swim on wed night. I'll be working from very early until 4-5 pm so its got to an evening swim.

Thanks!

jpheather
February 1st, 2006, 09:02 AM
The USMS website has this wonderful thing called "Places to Swim" under the Local Programs tab. If you click on that, then SP (for Southern Pacific) and go to Lancaster (on the second page of listings) you'll find our two clubs in Lancaster (Antelope Valley and Oasis Masters).

sdswimmer
February 1st, 2006, 02:53 PM
Thant's where i started but then I get to a website updated in 2003 with phone numbers that don't work :-(

jpheather
February 1st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Did you try to call the phone numbers in the listing? I still show one (the 2nd one listed) of Tom Otto's as current as of the 2006 club registration (Oasis Masters). All of our listings should be updated by next week.

Antelope Valley's website appears to be current.

I don't update club web sites, so I can't help it if they are out of date.

sdswimmer
February 3rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
Several disconnected numbers one rings no answer, emailed all the email addresses no answer either they are all off swimming or they no logner exist (ot they dont' wnat us folks from the coast invading). No one here relplied so I guess i'll have to figure it out when I get there!
I didn't post here until after i had tried the "places to swim" and googling for pools in the area!