PDA

View Full Version : Utah County Master Swimming

keeler
April 11th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I recently moved to Utah County and would like to join a Masters Swimming group, so I can participate in swim workshops and get feedback from coaches. Are there any pools in Utah County that offer this?

Dennis Tesch
April 20th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Keller,

I wish I could say there is an organized masters group in Utah County, but I can't. I know there are a lot of swimmers in Utah county that would love to have a pool get one started, but nothing has happened yet. Here is what I know....

American Fork Pool - small group of triathlete swim together during the week with a coach on deck - Keena is her name. This has great potential to work into an adult swim group with time.

Orem Rec Center - Has small group of adults that swim in the morning with the age group team. I don't know if they are still doing this. Haven't heard from anyone down there in a while.

Lehi Rec Center - Brand new pool on the board of Utah county and SLC county. The are considering putting together a masters program. It is impossible to get ahold of Kim the director. Assist director was very stand offish about having help at their pool for a masters team. If you can get a hold of Dennis Myering (Lehi HS coach) he might be able to help get something started here.

Utah is very much behind the times with getting masters programs together - which sucks....

I run clinics and camps through out the year for masters swimmers. If you want to be involved, please email me at:

Knackofswimming@comcast.net

Dennis