PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a team

Wieckster
April 17th, 2006, 06:39 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me. I swam competitive through high school and into college, but transferred and there wasn't a team at my new school. Now, I'm living in Lawrenceburg, TN and looking for a team! The Brentwood are a little far away and so is the Decatur. Does anyone know if there is a team near me, Columbia, Pulaski, even Florence, AL?? I appreciate the help!

Ann Marie

thewookiee
April 17th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Ann,

Check out www.dixiezone.org or look under the link on the main page of the USMS site for clubs/lmsc.
Also, if you don't have a master's team in the area, you might try seeing if a USA team in your area has masters swimmers practicing with them. That is an option some masters swimmers do.
I would say come swim with us in Chattanooga, but that seems to far from Lawrenceburg
John

khaden
April 19th, 2006, 11:15 AM
We have a masters team that practices at the YMCA in Florence AL. M-T-TH-FR 5:30am-6:30am.
We would love to have you join us. If you need further information you can contact Tim Zuelke at 386-5121 or email him at: tzuelke@bibank.com

Hope to see you soon!

sibleyclan
June 19th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by thewookiee
Ann,

Check out www.dixiezone.org or look under the link on the main page of the USMS site for clubs/lmsc.
Also, if you don't have a master's team in the area, you might try seeing if a USA team in your area has masters swimmers practicing with them. That is an option some masters swimmers do.
I would say come swim with us in Chattanooga, but that seems to far from Lawrenceburg
John

John,

I can't find a listing for a masters club in Chattanooga. I *might* have to visit there on business for a couple of days in the next week or two & was looking for a place to swim but don't see anything. Still don't know my schedule so I don't know if I'd be able to swim or not but any info on time(s) & place(s) would be very much appreciated.

Thanx,
Leonard

thewookiee
June 19th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Leonard,

We do have one. We are the Chattanooga River Rats. We have official practices Mon-Wed.-Fri. from 6-7am. There are usually a few of us there earlier doing drills or kicking.
Saturday practices starting time vary. Some people go swim in the river.
Call our coach, Stan Corocan at the McCallie School in Chattanooga for more information

John

sibleyclan
June 19th, 2006, 02:35 PM
John,

Thanx for the info. I've found out I should be in Chattanooga towards the end of the week so I've sent a e-mail off to Stan about possibly joining in Friday morning if my schedule allows.

Thanx again,
Leonard