PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Swimmers Going to Worlds

meldyck
April 29th, 2006, 06:14 PM
CMS swimmers who will be competing at the FINA world championships in August at Stanford may now sign up for relays with Colorado. There is a link on the COMSA web site (www.comsa.org) in the 'Upcoming....Events' section of the home page that will take you to the submission form. Scroll down until you get to the FINA Worlds section to find the link.

-- mel

meldyck
April 30th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Swimmers:

we must have your relay input by midnight, May 25 if you intend to swim in a relay for Colorado at Stanford. Please go to the link mentioned in the previous post to access the relay form.

If you have prearranged relays, please let us know at the time you submit your relay information. Heather Hagadorn is the Relay Administrator for Colorado and no one else will be able to enter the relays for the meet.

Thanks!

-- mel

meldyck
May 27th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Colorado's relays for FINA World Champs are now posted on the COMSA web site (www.comsa.org). Scroll down to the section on the meet to find the hot link.

-- mel

Peter Cruise
May 28th, 2006, 12:48 AM
From the peanut gallery:
So, Mel- I didn't know Jack Groselle had moved to Colorado...

meldyck
May 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM
We're a pretty slippery bunch, Peter, as you may have noticed. But, just to be fair, we shipped off the Smith Brothers to some commercial team somewhere....

-- mel

Peter Cruise
May 28th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Mel- The hot rumour is that the Smith Brothers will be swimming for the Victoria's Secret team...I know let's start debating Super Teams again, we haven't had a good knockdown dragout in the the forums for months!

meldyck
May 28th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Boy, I'd swim for THAT team. Have you seen the racing suits that they came up with this year? Hard to keep your mind on the race.

-- mel

Peter Cruise
May 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Gee Mel, maybe you could post a few pictures...purely from a swimming technology interest, of course.

TheGoodSmith
May 30th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Peter,

Relays and old drinking friends have no boundries.

John Smith

Peter Cruise
May 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM
John- just post a picture of you & Tall Paul in your Victoria's Secret team suits...on second thought, please don't.

TheGoodSmith
May 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Well.... there was a photo of us at masters nationals that was taken that I'd rather not release. It was amusing....... fortunately, underwear was not involved..

John Smith

meldyck
May 30th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I have a copy of this pic that I can email you Peter. Paul & I both tried to attach it to a forum message but couldn't

-- mel

Peter Cruise
May 30th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Well, sure Mel- email away, but surely in the interest of embarassing John, most of our techie-types will volunteer their expertise to help post that picture; in fact, for such a universally approved outcome, I'm sure an administrator or two would pitch in.

By the way, I saw your results from Calgary- good swimming. Is it true that Graham Johnstone broke the worls records in the 200m, 400m, 800m free on his way to breaking the 1500m record?

meldyck
May 30th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, Graham had a fantastic 1500 meter swim.

Thanks for the comments about my swims. The breaststroke races were pretty disappointing - the altitude is still just too high & I do about as well in Denver. But my fly and free swims were good. I was pretty happy all in all & got to (over)sample some of the local microbrews with a few other Canadian swimmers.

I'll email you the pic of the Smith Brothers. You'll like the swim caps...

-- mel

Peter Cruise
May 30th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Mel- well, that is some classic photo & one certainly understands why they would want to swim on the same team at Worlds with their buddies...you just wouldn't expect from the tone of their emails for them to be just so darn...affectionate