PDA

View Full Version : underwater video taping equipment

RayT
June 12th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Hi all, I am looking for underwater video taping equipment.

Please tell me what could be my choices. And your comment is also appreciated.

Thank you.

etrain
June 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I believe you can rent one from USMS, I would go search the regular site. I believe the only one is Snooper or something like that.

etrain

thewookiee
June 12th, 2006, 09:13 AM
You can also try Underwater Camera Company of America. The site is www.ucca.biz.

geochuck
June 12th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Bought this one off Ebay works not bad paid $72 for it

RayT
June 12th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks, George.

Is that a CCD?

I was wondering
* how do you connect it with your video camera?
* do you attach it to a metal pole or something like that?

Thanks for your assistance.

geochuck
June 13th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I have made two poles for mine. I have it connected to my DVD, VHS recorder and a TV. My Camcorder does not have the proper hook up but I have two of these CCDs one is placed for a side view, swimmer swims by in the third lane and one placed at the end of the pool and swimmer swims towards it. Then I record the sequences to a DVD then to the computer. I can hook the cameras directly to the computer with a Pinnacle 500 USB and record directly into my Laptop and make copies directly to my Pictures file.

Here is the Ebay listing http://search.ebay.com/underwater-color-cameras_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompare QQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfnuZ1QQfposZV9L 4Y9QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsac atZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1 QQsofocusZbs

RayT
June 19th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Thank you, George.

KK
but I have two of these CCDs one is placed for a side view, KK.and one placed at the end of the poolK..
KK

So do you mean that you use 2 camcorders AT THE SAME TIME??

geochuck
June 19th, 2006, 09:58 AM
No I only use 1 at a time in my daughters endless pool but have them both mounted in good postions. I am not a computer expert but I think I could use both at the same time if I were. The way I use it I tape onto my digital Cannon camera so it goes to a disc then I take the disc and put it in the computer (Pictures) then into the pinnacle program and then to my sports motion prgram ( http://www.sportsmotion.com/ ) so I can pick the stroke apart.