PDA

View Full Version : New Camera + Santa Clara Invitational

scyfreestyler
June 21st, 2006, 11:13 AM
Just picked up a new Nikon D50 with a couple lenses, one of them being a 300mm zoom, so I should have some great photos to share next week. :D

aquageek
June 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
I bought one of those 3 months ago. You will love it. Check out the sport mode feature. Great for swim meets as you can get off about 2-3 shots per second.

jim clemmons
June 21st, 2006, 11:48 AM
Don't leave it in your locker room.

scyfreestyler
June 21st, 2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jim clemmons
Don't leave it in your locker room.

:p Thanks for the reminder! :)

scyfreestyler
June 21st, 2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by aquageek
I bought one of those 3 months ago. You will love it. Check out the sport mode feature. Great for swim meets as you can get off about 2-3 shots per second.

Yeah, so far I am quite impressed. I was going to buy an Olympus E500 kit at Costco but they quit carrying that model (My mother in law had one and I had to have one...my 2 month old Panasonic FZ7 was not cutting it anymore). Anyhow, I returned the Panasonic to Costco and saw they had a Nikon D50, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, camera case, and memory card for $799.00. I figured with Costco's lifetime return policy I could not really go wrong. Anyhow, I have been taking a lot of shots this week trying to get accustomed to all of the settings and adjustments. Used the rapid fire shooting mode last night to get some action shots of our kids on the diving board. Made for some good photos...being emailed to Costco for printing today actually! I really like shooting in the aperture priority mode as this gives me control over DOF. What is truly amazing is how clear and noise free the images are even when recorded at ISO 800 or 1600. My Panasonic was noisy when you broke the ISO 100 barrier. The Nikon is a great camera thus far.