June 26th, 2006, 06:48 PM
which razor do you prefer?
I usually use the gillette triple blade but

I've heard good things about the Phillips Body Groom
what do y'all think of it?
http://www.ShaveEveryWhere.com

A.K.
June 26th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Compared to the Bic single blade I used to use in the 70s-80s the Gilette triple blade was awesome!

No knicks or cuts!

The one wound we used to get in the day was a long length removed from the ankle to the knee along the front of the shin. Not with any of the new triple blades that are flexible.

scyfreestyler
June 26th, 2006, 08:49 PM
At first I thought this was a rather personal question...then I recalled it was a swimming site!!

Mach 3. :D

Gulf Coast Swimmer
June 26th, 2006, 10:14 PM
For women: venus vibrance. It exfoliates as it shaves! Might work for men who do the leg shaving thing at meets.

geochuck
June 26th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I only shave when my wife gets angry at me. I have 2 Brauns one rechargeable and one that takes 2 AA batteries, but I have to shave the with a gillette disposible before I use the electric jobs. I never shave the body except when I need an operation.

But if you would like a suggestion try this one http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/back-hair-begone-142759.php

knelson
June 27th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I'm not really seeing that these fancy three or four blade razors really do any better a job than an el cheapo two blade disposable. And the price they charge for their proprietary replacement blades is ridiculous! When I shave down I usually just buy a cheap pack of Bics.

ande
June 27th, 2006, 10:33 AM
ok I was kind of curious about which razors people prefered
but I also thought the content on
http://www.ShaveEveryWhere.com
was hilarious
drop by
poke around and let me know what you think

ande

scyfreestyler
June 27th, 2006, 11:09 AM
It is quite comical...had me wondering whether or not it was a legitimate advertisement. No electric products for me though, it's just not the same.

Ian Smith
June 27th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Since we are on the topic of razors, I am curious what people think about shaving in the shower after early morning practices to save time and be able to get up for practice a bit later. BTW, Iím talking beards here and not other body parts.

Our club does not have enough wash basins in the locker room to handle all men who donít shave at home before practice, so some shave in the shower before work.

I can tell there are some who frown on shaving in the shower, some who would like to but are nervous about committing a faux-pas, and some who donít care.

Whatís the consensus? Is this a no-no?

Not to be sexist: women with beards feel free to chime in.

Ian.

Frank Thompson
June 27th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Historical Perspective.

http://members.aol.com/GetColemar/shavedwn.htm

aquageek
June 27th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Shaving in the shower is forbidden at our gym. I did witness a dude brushing his teeth in the shower. That was nasty.

scyfreestyler
June 27th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by aquageek
Shaving in the shower is forbidden at our gym. I did witness a dude brushing his teeth in the shower. That was nasty.

I have never understood the desire to brush one's teeth in the shower. Totally disgusting.

inklaire
June 27th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I drink my first cup of coffee in the shower. But only when I actually shower at home.

I used to have some annoyingly early commutes.

As for razors, I use Venus. At first I was skeptical and couldn't understand why anyone would pay a premium price for blades when the disposables are so cheap. Then I tried them, and I actually feel comfortable enough to shave parts of me that I would never have permitted near a sharp edge before.

ladybug010
June 28th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I love schick's intuition razor. Hey when you don't have to put on saving gel it speeds up the process!

flyincip
June 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I much prefer the mach 3's only because there is not much need for me to shave very often but when I finally do I will get an electric probably the Philips Bodygroom. Haha

swimpastor
June 29th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Its the motorola razr for me - preferrably in black, with Verizon, rather than Cingular, service.