PDA

View Full Version : Psych Sheets Posted FINA Worlds

michaelmoore
July 3rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
FINA WORLDS PSYCH SHEETS POSTED
Psych Sheets for the swimming events of the XI FINA World Masters Championships are posted. Please note that we have not finished inputting swimmers into our data base, so there will be a few more entries to be made.

XI FINA World Masters Championships (http://www.2006finamasters.org/v2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=106&Itemid=106)

Please review your times and events. If you submitted a paper entry and we made a mistake, please let us know and we will correct the mistake. If you made a mistake in inputting your events or times in the on line entry, you will have to swim that time.

If there is an error with the spelling of your name or if you have your family name and given name reversed, let us know, we will correct it. If there is an error about your age, let us know. Send your changes to info@2006finamasters.org .

We will make changes and they will be posted by 14 July.

(now try and pick out the Olympians - triple points for women using their married names.)

michael

kokkole
July 3rd, 2006, 04:29 PM
thank you michael!! :cool:

Brian Stack
July 3rd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Great job Mike. Any word on when we might see the team rosters?

knelson
July 3rd, 2006, 11:51 PM
Oh my. Some stiff competition for sure.

Thanks for getting these posted!

Peter Cruise
July 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I visualize some great bow waves forming during the 50m free. Just one question: who the heck is Rustem Salikhov? He is seeded at 1:58.16 age 35 200IM... I tried googling him & only found a Russian camera salesman.

geochuck
July 4th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Hey Peter did you visualise the shell game.

Peter Cruise
July 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM
George, I'm having trouble visualizing anything; we've started our final clearance sale & now everyone is coming out of the woodwork.

Jeff Commings
July 4th, 2006, 10:47 PM
I think there are a few people who goofed on their entries. There's a 26-year-old guy seeded at a 1:00.16 in the 100 breast. His name is not listed in the top 50 times in history, which that time would be.

I feel sorry for them if they registered online, because Michael said they cannot change their entry time.

hornHead
July 4th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Peter - Do you think the 1% drop in the GST has anything to do with it? :) Of course this is focused on your up - tick in sales and not the 1:58.16 seed time for the 200 IM. I also see that Van Baalen has traded in his Maple Leaf once again.

Peter Cruise
July 5th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Nah, I don't think it is a 1% drop in sales tax, but rather a 40% drop in price, which means at cost. Everyone says don't close, we love your store; we've had to borrow to stay open after 12 years- that says it all.
The 200 im guy, I'm very curious about; you'd think he'd know his metric time given the ethnicity...

knelson
July 5th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'm guessing some of these people entered with short course times. It won't make that much difference, though. If you're a 1:58 short course 200 IMer or 1:00 breaststroker you belong in the fast heat anyway.

geochuck
July 5th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Some of those times may even be a figment of their imaginations or even yard times.

Anthony Thompson
July 5th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Any chance to get the RELAY events added to the pysche lists ?

Matt S
July 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM
If someone can point me to where this info is available on the World Championships web site, I'd appreciate it.

How is checking into the meet and getting swimmer's credentials going to work? I swim the 800 on Friday, and I plan on using the web based check-in tool to "deck seed" myself into the event. I'll be flying into SFO on the preceding Thursday, and I expect I will have to wait in line to get my photo for the swimmer's credentials, pick up program, ditty bag, etc. etc.

Can I do that on Thurs afternoon? If so, what hours? Is this something than can easily be taken care of the morning of the 800? I expect to be pretty much the middle of the pack, all age groups and seed times thrown together, and not at real risk of being in the first few heats.

Side note to Tall Paul: we're both in the 50 fly on Sunday; you seeded 1st and me seeded a cool 100-&-somethingth (hey, at least we both have a 1 in our seed.) Any interest in sharing a chilled, malted beverage and long-winded stories sometime thereafter? I'm flying out the following Monday, so unless you've developed an uncharacteristic hankering for the 800 free, Sunday is D-Day.

Matt

kristilynn
July 6th, 2006, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt S
[B]If someone can point me to where this info is available on the World Championships web site, I'd appreciate it.

Matt,

There's a link to the page on the first entry of this thread. You can also get to it through the USMS page, via the FINA Championship link. I believe that the link for the psych sheets is in the upper right corner of the FINA site.

kokkole
July 11th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I'm trying to send some messages to the info@2006finamasters.org address to get confirmation of athletes who have registered but do not appear on the psych sheets, but the messages are bouncing back.

Any news? Are the psych sheets now complete? Can people still contact that email address for corrections etc?

Thanks!