midaged
July 5th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Got any??? plz share.;)
Thanks
Mark

Sydney
July 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
These tips helped me a lot:

1. Minimize the bend in your knees when you kick. If your knee breaks the surface of the water, you are pedalling and not kicking efficiently.

2. Don't over reach behind your head with your arms.

3. Keep your head as still as possible as your shoulders rotate around the axis that your spine creates.

4. Look at the ceiling, not at your feet.

Dobbie
July 6th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Have someone show you the correct arm technique through the water.Many people incorrectly pull too wide.This is inefficient.
When you have learnt the proper motion then try to practice a small amount at each training session with flat paddles .The paddles will help you concentrate on and perfect the arm motion underwater.

jonblank
July 7th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Watch the way I swim backstroke. Almost every stroke fault should be represented. Don't do any of the things I do. That should take care of it.

globuggie
July 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM
First, practice kicking on your back, with your head looking straight up and your hips and feet near the surface. Being horizontal in the water is very important in all the strokes, and it can be hard to learn to keep your head back in backstroke. When you add the pull, maintain the same body position, except rotating side to side a little.