PDA

View Full Version : six kick freestyle

Concho Pearl
July 5th, 2006, 11:46 PM
How do you know your doing a six kick beat freestyle?

globuggie
July 6th, 2006, 09:56 AM
This website has the best description I've found of kick timing. This page shows a six-beat kick, other pages show two- and four-beat kicks.

http://www.donalfagan.com/html/sixbeat.html

Dobbie
July 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Does anyone have Grant's 6 beat kick drawings for the 6th lap of the 1500m at the Melbourne Commonwealth games ?;)

craiglll@yahoo.com
July 6th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Dobbie
Does anyone have Grant's 6 beat kick drawings for the 6th lap of the 1500m at the Melbourne Commonwealth games ?;)

there are video clips of Grant on Western Australia's wedsite (I think they might be on swimming.ee also) that make his stroke look terrible.

I have always did six beats. When I've tried to do fewer, I get really screwed.

Last night I did my entire workout with fins. For some reason I worked my pecs really hard. Does anyone know why?

Dobbie
July 8th, 2006, 03:31 AM
For some reason I worked my pecs really hard. Does anyone know why?

With fins...My kick is much more effective so my stroke slows down.This gives me more time to stretch out further.I think the extra stretch works the muscle fully.

bip
July 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Concho Pearl
How do you know your doing a six kick beat freestyle?

Good question - don't think anybody's actually answered it, and my answer won't either. I switch from a 2 kick to a 6 kick automatically as soon as I sprint. I was just told I had a 6 kick when I sprinted, but I could never determine this for sure myself until someone video'd me. Before that, I just knew I had two distinctly different kicks and I knew the one had a lot more beats :-)

Anyway, it's easy to feel the difference, but not easy to know how many beats it is until someone video's you. (or tells you)

jadams
July 10th, 2006, 08:37 PM
It feels like a waltz: Kick(and stroke right arm) kick kick, Kick (and stroke left arm) kick kick, etc.

craiglll@yahoo.com
July 11th, 2006, 10:16 AM
On sunday, I noticed that I was eally kicking six beats. It is cool to count kicks and not strokes.