PDA

View Full Version : I just want to introduce myself

TopangaBruin
July 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I've been lurking here for about 2 months and wanted to post a brief hello and introduction.

I live in sunny southern California and I'm a new member here.

I'm a former competitive swimmer, novice, AAU and high school, as well as intramural collegiate competition.

I've recently (2 months ago) joined a masters program and I'm slowing getting whipped into shape. It's been nearly 30 years since I've been pushed this hard in the water. Every workout during my first month ended with me having massive lower body cramping and dragging myself onto the deck.

I've recently been pushed out of the comforts of lane 1 (by my coach) and now I'm swimming with the big boys and girls.

My speed is coming back but my endurance still needs improving. I'm still getting calve cramps at the end of workouts especially doing fly while using fins. Any suggestions on how to prevent cramps and what's the best way to improve my endurance.
Thanks!
TopangaBruin

Darth Vader
July 12th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Eating a bananna during the day will help with the cramps.. Apparently the potasium in the bananna is the key.... also proper hydration helps too. the cramps will go away over time as you progress..

Darth Vader
July 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Unless you talking about menstrual cramps... those will occur ever month regardless of how my banannas you eat..