PDA

View Full Version : FINA at Stanford two questions

strong440
July 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Is there (and how much)? a spectator admission charge?

When can we expect a time line to be published for each event?

Thanx.

michaelmoore
July 15th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Spectators are allowed in the Bleachers only. There is no charge but it is first come first served. Only swimmers who are competing that day will be allowed on the deck that day (and for the most part the deck is most of the aquatic center). We are building two sets of bleachers on the south side of the aquatic center where the grass is now. (the bleachers overlooking Avery Pool are considered part of the deck).

It is up to the FINA Commission as to whether time lines will be posted (somehow I feel another thread coming).

michael

MegSmath
July 15th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Michael, I have an unrelated question for you. How do we let you know the names of swimmers on our relays? I know them now, though I didn't before the online entry system closed. Will we just declare the swimmers' names when we are given the relay cards for review?

Meg

michaelmoore
July 16th, 2006, 01:11 AM
We are working on that and we will let you know how to make changes. There are almost 1500 relay teams. So there is a lot of work to be done to put the teams into an SDIF file. Jim Matysek is working on putting all the information into a file. Once it is done, we will let everyone know how to make changes in your teams. We hope that changes are made before the meet starts.

michael

Brian Stack
July 16th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by michaelmoore
We are working on that and we will let you know how to make changes. There are almost 1500 relay teams. So there is a lot of work to be done to put the teams into an SDIF file. Jim Matysek is working on putting all the information into a file. Once it is done, we will let everyone know how to make changes in your teams. We hope that changes are made before the meet starts.
michael

Hi Mike,

I know we'll be making changes to some of our relays. One way to help us help you get them changes done soon would be to get the coaches a team roster.
When do you think that might happen?

See Ya
Brian

michaelmoore
July 16th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Go to:
http://www.2006finamasters.org/

on the right column under "Swimmer Entries" go to "Team Roster" click on Team Roster and follow the bouncing ball. There are 40 Manatees there, including one Brian Stack swimming the 800 Free.

michael

Brian Stack
July 16th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Go to:
http://www.2006finamasters.org/

on the right column under "Swimmer Entries" go to "Team Roster" click on Team Roster and follow the bouncing ball. There are 40 Manatees there, including one Brian Stack swimming the 800 Free.

michael

Thank you oh kind and sort of omnipotent one. Hey I noticed you're in the 800 too! Let's duke it out in a manly but non threatening way, what do you say?

See Ya
Brian

MegSmath
July 17th, 2006, 09:12 AM
We hope that changes are made before the meet starts.

I bet you do! As soon as you have a mechanism, I will send in my relay swimmers' names.

Thanks,

Meg

Rich Abrahams
July 17th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Michael,

I'm hoping not to add to your having to deal with all these last minute details but....

Nancy Ridout said arrangements are being made for spectators with disabilities that can't use bleachers. I was sort of assuming that part of the stadium deck that overlooks the pools might be available, but your earlier post made it sound like this area is available to competitors only. Is this the case? Will someone be available at registration to give details?

You can e-mail me directly at rabraha@auroragov.org if that is more convenient.

Thanks,

Rich

matysekj
July 19th, 2006, 07:43 AM
The relay psych sheets are now available with the rest of the psych sheets at http://www.usms.org/comp/worlds06/entries/. Send all changes to info@2006finamasters.org.

When checking your relays, you may notice that while you listed 4 swimmers for a relay in your entry, only 3 or less appear on the psych sheets. This is an indication that one or more of your relay swimmers could not be identified in the list of meet entrants. That could be due to spelling problems where we simply couldn't match up the swimmer or due to the fact that this swimmer hasn't entered the meet. Please check the meet roster (http://www.usms.org/comp/worlds06/entries/roster.php) to find out if the swimmer in question is listed there before reporting the problem.

MegSmath
July 19th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Does this mean if you have not named any of your swimmers yet that you should send their names to the above email? Sorry to be dense.

matysekj
July 19th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by MegSmath
Does this mean if you have not named any of your swimmers yet that you should send their names to the above email?

I believe so, unless we hear otherwise from Michael. Note that updates to relay team members that you send in may not be reflected on the web psych sheets until much closer to the start of the meet. These types of updates are MUCH easier done in Meet Manager and less error-prone, and we're not at the point yet where everything is done in Meet Manager, so these types of changes will be held off until that point. Other updates to the meet entries should be reflected in the web psych sheets in a reasonable time frame - we should be doing updates every few days.

Frank Thompson
July 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Jim:

I am like Meg and I did not name any of the names on the 6 relays I entered because people were procrastinating up to the last minute if they were even going to the meet. The other day I got word that a swimmer on my team is not going so I have to refigure the relays. Anyway, thanks for letting us know to send the names now for the relays. Anything that makes it easier for the meet personal is always good.

strong440
July 31st, 2006, 07:59 PM
and, thanx to Nancy Rideout for addressing these questions in her "tips for first time world swimmers" of July 31 plus answers to a whole lot more.