PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Worlds

michaelmoore
July 16th, 2006, 06:49 PM
PARKING INFORMATION for AVERY AQUATIC CENTER ON THE STANFORD CAMPUS

Parking for competitors and spectators will be available on the Stanford Campus in the Galvez lot. See map Map (http://www.pacificmasters.org/fina/parkingAvery.pdf) . The lot is about 250 meters from the pool area.

DIRECTIONS: From 101, take Embarcadero Road (west) to El Camino, where Embarcadero becomes Galvez. Follow Galvez past the Stanford Stadium which will be on your left and go the 4 way stop at Galvez and Campus Drive. Turn right at Campus Drive, and turn right into the Galvez parking lot. The Toyon lot, used for overflow, will also be available. Cars will be directed to the spot by the attendant on duty.

From 280, take Page Mill Road (east) to El Camino Real. Turn left at El Camino Real, and drive north to Embarcadero/Galvez (the Stanford Stadium will be on your left) Turn left at Galvez,_Follow Galvez past the Stanford Stadium which will be on your left and go the 4 way stop at Galvez and Campus Drive. Turn right at Campus Drive, and turn right into the Galvez parking lot. The Toyon lot, used for overflow, will also be available. Cars will be directed to the spot by the attendant on duty.

There will be a daily fee of $5.00 to park in this lot. All other spaces at Stanford, with the exception of metered and visitor parking, are permit parking and are closely monitored by Stanford parking police.

Please plan to purchase your parking pass at the credential/registration area. After August 5th parking passes will also be available at the information booth outside the Avery pool area.

Please note, parking passes are available for cash only.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of the parking process and regulations on the Stanford campus.

For questions or concerns, emaIl <mailto:parking@2006finamasters.org>parking@2006finamasters.org.

michael

kristilynn
July 16th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Michael,

Thanks for the parking information. A couple of related questions. Can you purchase the parking passes from the attendant? If not, where do we park to register/buy parking passes. Also, how late will registration be open on Thursday, August 3?

Thanks,

Kristi

GoldrushJapan
July 17th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Michael:

I will arrive on August 2nd. Can I get a parking pass this day? Could I buy for the whole time at one shot or do I have to buy a parking pass everyday for that day only? Is the parking pass good for the whole day if we leave and come back the same day?

Also where can we pickup information on the location and availability of the warmup and training pools in the area. I heard the high school would be available for competitors during the competition? I really want to know the options for places to swim the week of August 2 through the 10th.

Thanks very much,
Andrew

Gold Rush Japan

kristilynn
July 19th, 2006, 10:46 AM
I emailed my question to the parking@2006finamasters.org address, and here is the response that I received -- in case anyone else was wondering.

<Drive to the parking lot, the attendant will have a 90 minute free pass for you to park in the lot, while you obtain your credentials and parking passes for the remainder of your stay.>