PDA

View Full Version : I'm shocked there has never been a post by S.C. swimmers.

A.K.
July 24th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm shocked there has never been a post by S.C. swimmers as of 7/24/06.

There have been alot of great swimmers from the great State of South Carolina......... where are you?

CATMaster
August 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I hear you, A.K.

I would love to see some more discussion of SC swimming.

Anybody going to the meet in Asheville, NC on 23-24 September?

thewookiee
August 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I am planning on attending that meet. Don't think I will do the open water swims though.

SearayPaul
August 29th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Good evening everyone. I live in South Carolina and have been swimming Masters for a about six years. At first I just sat and watched my kids swim at YSSC in Spartenburg for a long two hours.

That got to be old so I put on the ol swim suit to mess around for a leisurly 500 free and no more. Well one thing led to another and the practices became more fun, longer, and more challenging. John that would be your fault. As an aside John held a couple of state records about 2000 but took his time to encourage me to up my yardage. At the time YSSC did not have a masters team so I contacted Roy at Team Greenville and he got me the forms to sign up with USMS. Thanks Roy. My work schedual does not allow me to swim on a team as the practices usually are during my work times.

My children are in college and no longer swim but I am currently swimming one or two days a week. I will never set a world record like Dr. Wilder at the College of Charleston has. My daughter, Katie, has met Dr Wilder and Katie says was very impressed by him.

The only meet I have swam in was at Hilton Head in 2005. I am hoping to swim at Charlotte in January. That will depend on if I have to work that weekend. I do enter the occasional postal meet and the vitual series. I was late getting my Virtual entry in last year but stuff happens when you are unattached.

aquaFeisty
March 19th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone know of any meets coming up in South Carolina late spring or this summer? My in-laws live in Pawleys Island, south of Myrtle Beach, and it would be cool if we could time a visit with a meet.

Thanks!
Carrie

InnerAthlete
May 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Well, speaking of South Carolina swimming, I am coming down for vacation to Isle of Palms late June -- does anyone know of a masters group I can swim with in that area, S.C.? Any local Y's or pool clubs that have group swims in the Isle of Palm vicinity (i.e. Sullivan's Island, Mt. Pleasant, etc)

agameofyou
June 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM
There is a Master group in Mt. Pleasant that swims at the Jones Rec Center.

Mt Pleasant - PALM Palmetto Masters
South Carolina LMSC
Jones Recreation Center
391 Egypt Road Mt Pleasant, South Carolina
Lap Swim / Workout Times: M-F 5:45 am -7:00 am
Contacts: Bob Menches (843) 886-9308 fishheadbarandgrill@comcast.net
Miscellaneous Info: 25 yard pool with active coaching
Record Last Updated: 8/17/06