PDA

View Full Version : Masters team in/near Solvang, CA

aztimm
August 1st, 2006, 12:01 AM
Does anyone know of any masters groups that workout in or near Solvang, CA? I'll be there for a few days next week, and it would be great to get in at least a workout or 2.

I took at look in the, "Places to swim," but there are just so many places in California, that it is tough to figure out what is nearby.

I'd gladly drive to Buellton, Ballard, or Los Olivos. I did find a group in Santa Barbara, but that is getting a little far...if nothing else, I may swim with a group there.

Thanks for any help.

Tim

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 1st, 2006, 09:08 AM
Where exactly are these towns? Did you look inthe places to swim area of this website?

aztimm
August 1st, 2006, 06:16 PM
Yes, I looked at the, "Places to swim," in more depth last night, and the closest place is a good 45 minute drive away. Its looking more like there will be more wine tasting going on than exercising....

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
is there a Y in the area? Usually evenif the Y doesn't have a masters team, some one there knows some some.

aztimm
August 2nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Nope, no Y or other pools that I could find online, hence the reason why I posted here.

I did find some hotels with pools, but I've tried that before, and they are usually not nearly large enough to get in any sort of workout.

If anyone knows of any pools or masters teams in this area, I'd appreciate any info. I'm leaving Sunday morning.

To give an idea of where this is, if you've seen the movie, "Sideways," all the wineries were/are in this area. As I mentioned above, I'll probably get in more wine tasting than anything else, but thought it was worth a shot.

Thanks!

jim clemmons
August 2nd, 2006, 10:18 PM
Tim,

Did you try San Luis Obispo? I don't remember just how far it might be from where you're going but I think it's closer than Santa Barbara.

Michael Heather
August 3rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
I don't think there are any clubs closer than Santa Barbara, but if you drive north a little bit, you can swim in Zaca Lake.

And on the way back, you can taste wine from Fess Parker's winery.

Cheers!

Sabretooth Tiger
August 3rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jim clemmons
Tim,

Did you try San Luis Obispo? I don't remember just how far it might be from where you're going but I think it's closer than Santa Barbara.

No, SLO is much further north of the area in question than Santa Barbara is south.

aztimm
August 3rd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. I may go to Santa Barbara for one workout while I'm out there....and the lake idea sounds interesting too.