PDA

View Full Version : getting credentials at worlds

phm41
August 3rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
From the newsletter about worlds:

"Registration and Credentials opens at 12 noon on Aug. 1 - 6pm and will be open daily from 8:am - 5pm._"

How can someone get credentials at 8:00 a.m. and swim the first event of the day??? Not everyone can get to a meet a whole day early to handle that stuff. Opening credentials at 6:30 or 7:00 makes a lot more sense. Otherwise, many of us will miss our first events.

Can anyone address this?

jim clemmons
August 3rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Don't know what to say about your dilemma but I can say I just returned from the pool and I "overheard" it was taking around 1.5 hours to complete registration.

hofffam
August 3rd, 2006, 11:09 PM
I "hit" registration at about 3:30 p.m. today (Thursday) and flew through it. 15 minutes from start to finish. Longest line was to purchase parking passes, which was at the same tiny table as the checking for special events.

Friendly volunteers everywhere. Beautiful facilities and I hope it helps me to swim fast.

I have to make a comment about one of the special events. How can they call the BBQ real Texas BBQ if they are serving chicken and ribs? Chicken is served in some Texas BBQ restaurants only to offer something to chose who don't want beef or pork. But the #1 BBQ meat in Texas is beef brisket! We eat a lot of ribs in Texas and happily call it barbecue. But chicken? I'd hate for our foreign friends to go home thinking what they had in Palo Alto was real Texas barbecue......

jim clemmons
August 4th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Early in the morning seems to the backed up registration time - things go a little (to a lot) quicker in the afternoon apparently.

knelson
August 4th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I went through about 5:00 p.m. yesterday and it was very quick. Probably less than ten minutes for the whole process.