PDA

View Full Version : swimming with the bouys/kickboard

midaged
August 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I've found my weakspot, well I think. My swimbuddy made me an interval sheet to swim by and he included the poolbuoy. I used to HATE that thing. But today, I swam for about 15 minutes with it. It went great, I hardly got winded at all. I can feel the water better with my hands and feel my arms get a much better workout and my breathing is easier and I feel more in control.
Without it, I end up kicking and getting winded and my hr goes up. Best I can tell I need to either pull more with my upper body or really strengthen my lower. I have a thick, pretty muscular chest. But my arms need builing up. I kicked with a kickboard and got really winded. (insert hate that thing). I guess I need to kickboard more to build up my lowerbody.:(
Mark

etrain
August 8th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Most likely it is because the pull buoy raised your hips. Next time you have it in see if it has raised your hips so basically you rearend is out of the water. Then remove it and see what happens, most likely your rearend will be submerged in the water. If it is then you need to work on your balance and getting your hips up. Try to lean on your chest.

Hope this gets you thinking!

etrain

midaged
August 8th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by etrain
Try to lean on your chest.

Hope this gets you thinking!

etrain

YIKES! It has, I haven't thought about that or heard it at all,
lean on my chest. I'll try that in the morning.
THANKS!
Mark

etrain
August 8th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Press you buoy is probably the one that you have heard of. It is talking about the same thing as the buoy is your lungs/chest!

etrain

swim4fitness2
August 8th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I was wondering why you used to hate the pull bouy? I used mine a couple of times and was all over the lane. I could not swim a straight line. I don't know what the problem was but I have not used it since.

Thanks, Wen