PDA

View Full Version : Register for USMS

geochuck
August 21st, 2006, 11:17 AM
I live in Canada and Mexico but do not live in the USA.

Do I have to live in Arizona to register in Arizona.

Can I form a club in Arizona and not reside there. I have several swimmers who lapswim and would like to compete.

Our club would be called the Nomads and these swimmers live all accross Canada, Mexico and Belgium.

geochuck
August 21st, 2006, 12:12 PM
I phoned Mitch Mitchell Arizona Masters and he told me I could register $38.00 and to fill out the application form if I wait til Sept it costs less.

Peter Cruise
August 21st, 2006, 02:13 PM
George, you don't have to register to compete in USMS meets, if you are registered for Canadian Masters, just produce your card.

aquageek
August 21st, 2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Peter Cruise
George, you don't have to register to compete in USMS meets, if you are registered for Canadian Masters, just produce your card.

As a rule, USMS meets only allow 50% of foreign registrants who enter a meet to participate. The other 50% have to sit outside and sell donuts to pay Paul "Shops at Chess King" Smith for his share of allowing foreign swimmers to hog all the scholarships at US schools until your debt is paid.

A recently enacted by-law has proclaimed that USMS unilaterally accepts one George Park as our Canadian participant. To all other Canadian interlopers, USMS bids you a fond au revoir in your country's native language.

knelson
August 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by aquageek
The other 50% have to sit outside and sell donuts

Tim Horton's, of course.

geochuck
August 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Have not had a Canadian master card since 1998. I carry VISA.

Yes if I were in the 50% not able to race I would do the donut thing for sure.

Peter Cruise
August 21st, 2006, 02:43 PM
Geek, if George wants to be lumped in with you (as you whip up another lard & velveeta sandwich for your lunch), he's welcome to it...

meldyck
August 21st, 2006, 08:41 PM
George,

a countryman of yours lives in Edmonton, as a member of Canadian Masters, but also competes for San Diego Swim Masters. There should be no problem for you to register with USMS.

Colorado would be happy to take you. We already have some famous Parks here (there's R.M.N.Park - that's Rocky Mountain National Park and G.S.D.N.Park - that's Great Sand Dunes National Park). They are probably not related to you like the Korean swimmer at PanPacs, but we'd be happy to get another famous Park. Just send us your cash.

-- mel