PDA

View Full Version : Can Ohio swimmers swim at MI state?

USMSarah
August 24th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Loved the MI state meet in 2005... used to be a MM swimmer.

I just moved to southern Ohio - and I am probably going to have to register as an Ohio swimmer. So, can an OH swimmer go to the MI state meet?

Thanks,
S

Frank Thompson
August 24th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Sarah:

The Michigan Masters State Championship Meet is open to anyone with a valid registration card. We have people frm Canada swim in our meet so its not just USMS members. It open to anyone in the world that is registered with a FINA member nation club. You are eligible for all individual awards (medals, ribbons) and individual high point award if you happen to win your age group. Also your team/club is eligible for the team awards and it does not matter if your team is from the State/LMSC or not.

The only thing a swimmer who is not registered in the Michigan LMSC is not eligible for is the Michigan LMSC State Records. However, we have Championship Meet Records now and anyone that swims including relays in the meet are eligible for those records. For the last 3 years we have had close to 300 swimmers and I am glad you had fun at the meet. Traditionally this is the biggest meet we have in Michigan and in some years we have close to over 50% of the swimmers registered in the LMSC compete in the meet. Hope to see you next year.

USMSarah
August 24th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! That is such great news!

I'm not too worried about breaking any records anytime soon. Hee!

Thanks for responding so quickly!

born2fly
September 15th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Sarah,
Where in southern Ohio are you training at?

greg

USMSarah
September 16th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Hee Hee!!!

Hi Greg - I'm on your team now!!!

See ya Monday morning!!

Sarah:p

born2fly
September 18th, 2006, 08:29 AM
LOL, I was wondering about that. Did not make it to morning practice on monday, Worked out with the age groupers over the weekend and my body was still feeling it.

See ya Wednesday,
greg