PDA

View Full Version : What about the Aussies?

Peter Cruise
August 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM
As some have commented on, the Australians sent a very weak team (for them) to the PanPacs (much to my chagrin) & since they have become one of the swimming powers, there is some curiousity about where they're at. We thought we'd have to wait until their qualification meet for Worlds in Dec., but we should get some strong indications from their SCM Champs in Hobart this weekend (25-28), especially since all their heavy hitters seem to be competing (no, not Thorpe, but Hackett will be there, along with Libby, Liesel et al). I expect results will show at www.ausswim.telstra.com at some point & have no idea where the time difference fits in, but it will be interesting to keep an eye on it.

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
go to one of their swimming websites. they've been having great local meets with records being broken in most competitions. There are a few 18 yr olds who are really good distance swimmers and I believe a guy who is 19(? I'm not exactly sure how old he is) in Western Aussie who did really well in the last few meets. They are beginning to wind down their indoor year. I think their nationals are in December.

geochuck
August 25th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Don't worry about the Aussies they will be there. However their association has strange things happening all the time. I remember when they were trying to disallow Aussie swimmers training in other countries (say at USA universities) not to compete for them in the Olympics.

Peter Cruise
August 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Grant Hackett seems to have rehabbed from his surgery well...
3:35.73 for his SCM 400 free...

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 26th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Peter Cruise
Grant Hackett seems to have rehabbed from his surgery well...
3:35.73 for his SCM 400 free...

I also noticed that the WA website has taken off his videos where he is doing a really weird kick. I was watching recent videos of him and he seems to have balanced his kick out.

Peter Cruise
August 26th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I'm wondering if the surgery he had was the same as Tall Paul had a while back...maybe we all should have it

geochuck
August 26th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
I also noticed that the WA website has taken off his videos where he is doing a really weird kick. I was watching recent videos of him and he seems to have balanced his kick out.
Craig
What is the WA website

Peter Cruise
August 27th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Lethal Liesel goes 1:04.12, new world brst SCM mark in semi-finals. Now I'm really annoyed she didn't come to PanPacs!

cinc3100
August 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Well, didn't mine that they didn't show up. The Japanese were there and I think one of female swimmers won one of the freestyle events. And I think in the 400 and 1500, a South Korean guy guy won the 400 and placed second in the 1500. So, its nice to see other countries come up with new people.

Peter Cruise
August 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Well...in the finals she just lowered her new world record again to 1:03.86...Hackett went 14:19.47 for his 1500.

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 28th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by geochuck
Craig
What is the WA website

Its the website for Western Australia swimming. It is realy good because there are videos and new about whats hapening in Australia. I think if you google Western Australia Swimming you'll get it. I never can reme mber the locations name.

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 28th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Craig
What is the WA website

Its the website for Western Australia swimming. It is realy good because there are videos and new about whats hapening in Australia. I think if you google Western Australia Swimming you'll get it. I never can reme mber the locations name.

geochuck
August 28th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks Craig I have that site in my favorites but have difficulty downloading videos on it.

craiglll@yahoo.com
August 29th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks Craig I have that site in my favorites but have difficulty downloading videos on it.

The best way is to go through its search engine.
When you get to the search, type in videos. You'll be transferred to a google page that will have videos on the first line. Go through there. That's how I found out about the Beuhler(?) Y videos. Also, once I searched postal swims and got the Baddinginnie(sp) Animal. It is a fly, breast, back, and distance done in Baddangginnie Austraila. It takes me all day to do it but I somehow get it done. they have great t-shirts. One time I was wearing one of their t-shirts at Wrigley and there was a guy sitting next to Jane (who I've been going to Cubs games since I was 6yrs old 42years now) & he was from Australia. He lived in the next town. It was really cool. The world made smaller through swimming & baseball.