PDA

View Full Version : New Year coming.

geochuck
September 5th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Where did last year go. All of my good intentions gone. A year of things beyond my control.

Sick Grand Child 2 major heart operations 6 stays in the hospital.
Wifes father died.
Chuckies young neice died a couple of days before her father.
Daughters husband died.
New knee for me.
Lost so many friends.

Seems I was on the road continuously. 1 trip to Europe, 2 trips to Mexico, 3 trips to Ontario total 27 weeks on the road.

But I am back on track. Maybe only for a little while but now in the water consistantly for 3 weeks. I can now do 1hr swimming in the pool no side effects, a few little cramps the first week.

USMSarah
September 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM
I don't know what to say - I am so sorry about the things that have happened to your family. 2004 was bad for me, so I know how you are feeling. I got back into the water because of it - so it is a good outlet to get away momentarily from reality. Again, I'm so sorry about the people you lost.

scyfreestyler
September 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems George, I can relate to you unfortunately. I have had some pretty bad hits this year but when I step back and think about it there have been some pretty good things happening as well. Hopefully your run of bad experiences will dry up and things will turn around for you.

geochuck
September 6th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks, not everything is bad our grandson started taking food through his mouth 3 weeks ago he really enjoys it but still has the feeding tube inserted through his stomach to make sure he gets enough. We are celebrating his first birthday this Fri and he is going to get a bigger serving of Ice cream then ever before we used to just spread a little on his lips and he would lick it off. Prognosis is very good, he is breathing normally.

Many joyous occassions also our last trip to Hamilton a wedding, my brother well after his heart bypass.

Chuckie and I are swimming every day. But when we are giving swimming instruction I still tell her not to demonstrate.