PDA

View Full Version : Webcam at pools

DanSad
October 4th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I thought about this idea when I used to play basketball. It would've been neat to have webcams at basketball courts so you could check online to see if people were playing and if it was worth your time to go to the court and play. Would there be any benefit to doing this at pools? You could see if the lanes were really crowded and if so wait awhile if you had the flexibility in your schedule. It doesn't have to be a live feed, even periodic updates would help. I check the online traffic cameras all the time to determine which route I should take over to the pool after work. Just wondering if they'd be beneficial at the pool.

scyfreestyler
October 4th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I doubt that would be tolerated. Our local swim center won't allow CCTV on the pool deck or around the locker rooms for privacy reasons. I can only imagine what the reaction would be if I wanted them to stream it onto the net. People are too uptight I think. Wanna see me in the pool or locker room? Come on in!

geochuck
October 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I just ask permission to use it on the pool deck have never run into trouble as yet. I have my reg. camera, an underwater cam, and my Lap top also bring my dvd/vhs recorder.

Peter Cruise
October 4th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I find the webcams at several tropical beaches to be quite inspirational.

swim4fitness2
October 4th, 2006, 09:56 PM
The pool I swim in has a CCTV cam to monitor the pool (BTW, my company installed it) as there is no lifeguard. The people at the front desk are supposed to monitor the pool when it is being used. It would be easy to put that cam on the net and I would probably take advantage of it to check lane availability.

swim4fitness2
October 5th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I doubt that would be tolerated. Our local swim center won't allow CCTV on the pool deck or around the locker rooms for privacy reasons. I can only imagine what the reaction would be if I wanted them to stream it onto the net.

What would be the issue of having the pool deck on camera? I am assuming we all wear swimsuits.