PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Colorado!

Paul Smith
February 9th, 2002, 09:46 AM
So who's going to Hawaii?! We actually got our team (Vail Swimming) signed on with RMM for the first time and Laura & I will finally be able to swim some relays!

Rob Nasser
March 10th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Paul -

Not me.. With 2 kids now and everything else buzzing around me, the only reason for me to spend the $$$ on going to Hawai'i is for a vacation. That won't happen for a while. Looking forward to next Short Course at ASU though. Maybe (and this is a stretch) Long course in Cleveland?? As I recall, this pool (Clev. St.) was mythically fast going short course.. Never swam it going long though.. Anyone else swim there long course? How was it?

Glad to hear you finally were "assimilated" into the group! Bring on the relays! Stop getting older so we can get some good RMM relays together, dammit!

Rob Nasser
rnasser@qwest.net

Jack Buchannan
March 13th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Hi Paul

Glad you are with RMM now - Vail has not registered for anything, however, and I have not received an answer from Bob even after several e-mails and mailings - See you in Hawaii

Jack

Paul Smith
March 16th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Congrats to Rocky Mountain Masters breaking two National relay Records at the DU meet!

Mens 55+ 4 x 100 free = 3:39.22
- Bill Abbott, Arnie Dowd, Carl Sellers & Rich Abrahams swimming unrested and at 5000 ft!!!

Womens 35+ 4 x 200 free = 8:16.72
- Kathy Garnier, Laura Smith, Judy Nelson & Heather Hagadorn also unrested blew away the 6 year old record!!

PS: Jack, I already beat our Coach up over his flackiness on staying on top of things like this. Anyone want to come coach in Vail?!!!!

Michele Schmidt
April 3rd, 2002, 09:57 AM
Hello Colorado,
I live in Fort Collins, and am searching for a long distance event. I am not a member of any Master's Team, I train on my own. Hawaii sounds great, but a little out of the pocket book. Thank you for your assistance. Please feel free to send email, schmidts-it@att.net.:)

Rob Nasser
April 3rd, 2002, 10:53 AM
Michele -

There are a few things coming up that you might be interested in..

Check at the meets and events section of the COMSA website:

http://www.comsa.org/meets/

There is the state meet in a week and a half, a 10K near you..

Rob Nasser
rnasser@qwest.net

Michele Schmidt
April 3rd, 2002, 11:18 AM
Is the Horsetooth 10K being held this year, with the lower water level and repairs? Thanks for the assitance.